• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The sad thread for being sad

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think.

When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.

~Siddhartha Gautama, The Buddha.

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

~The Buddhist Prayer for Freedom from Suffering.

If you want to be happy, you should never seek to please yourself. Instead, we should seek to please others.

~Shantideva, Buddhist Monk.

Those emotions that disturb our peaceful mind must be eliminated. In times of great distress, our best friend is inside the heart...
it is our compassion.

~Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

~Confucius.

Happy Songs

Useful Links

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Depression/Pages/Introduction.aspx

http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/Depression.asp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines

https://www.calm.com/

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you're a miserable piece of excrement who needs to grovel before your god. believe the wrong thing and you'll burn for eternity.
— abrahamic offshoot religions

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
you're a miserable piece of excrement who needs to grovel before your god. believe the wrong thing and you'll burn for eternity.
— abrahamic offshoot religions

I tried looking for abrahamic quotes on happiness, but as they were all to do with finding happiness through worshiping a deity, and not to do with self-help, I didn't include any. Finding happiness in Yahweh works for some, and I'm happy it does, but even when I was a "believer" I didn't really believe. That being said, the Bible isn't completely devoid of good life lessons, which is why I'm reading Thomas Jefferson's The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, which removes all reference to the supernatural.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yesterday I read a preview of the Savage Sword of Jesus Christ, appearing in Heavy Metal magazine, written by adolf hitler, It made me the opposite of sad. Hopefully the entire "Graphic Affront" will come out soon.
the-savage-sword-of-jesus-christ.png

Here is a quote from the Christ himself: *speaking to the vultures* "begone, foul thing! Ye shall not dine on the flesh of Jesus Christ! NOT TODAY!"

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hating on vultures makes me sad. Looks like I'm in the right place.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Planet earth's got me down. Real down. Well maybe not the planet so much as the "most advanced" species that "live" on it.

Fucking terrorists/politicians/the ones who PULL THE STRINGS! Fuck 'em all, only LEAVE ME THE FUCK OUT OF IT. Go to the fucking moon and destroy each other up there then pick each others pockets and laugh your asses off, get the fuck out!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Yuck! sorry for that. Needed to vent.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And why not?!? All he does is just float around looking disappointed. He never says anything. Half the time you just know he's there but you can't see him. The odd time you see him on the ground is when he's sticking his naked rear out a car window.

And he never once paid for drugs. :mad:

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Planet earth's got me down. Real down. Well maybe not the planet so much as the "most advanced" species that "live" on it.

Fucking terrorists/politicians/the ones who PULL THE STRINGS! Fuck 'em all, only LEAVE ME THE FUCK OUT OF IT. Go to the fucking moon and destroy each other up there then pick each others pockets and laugh your asses off, get the fuck out!

The world is full of c*nts. The only remedy is to not add to that population.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^what zamros said.

but also, the moon is necessary for proper lycanthropy. (imagine the shit show if you were a lunar astronaut afflicted with lycanthropy.)

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
imagine the shit show if you were a lunar astronaut afflicted with lycanthropy.
Stick this on twitter, you might get a film deal :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:

Please don't.  Not sure where you are from but in the US many people find that word extremely offensive.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Please don't.  Not sure where you are from but in the US many people find that word extremely offensive.

My apologies.

Wankers
may be a more internationally accepted curse :p

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone else loving life right now?

hahahahahahasomeonepleasehelpme

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe work on a fun hobbie or call a hotline. Or just post in the off topic till you feel better. Maybe hang out in the chatroom, I don't use it but I think others do. Find something funny to watch, stick with it, if I'm down it'll take me about a half hour before I can laugh at some comedy but it eventually works when I remember to even do it.

Top Bottom