• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The which version of the movie should I buy thread

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did some searches and couldn't find any info that generally discusses what the differences between movie releases are. So, here is a place to recommend/talk about a particular version of a film. (admins, if my searching skills were terrible, my apologies. Please merge this with the appropriate thread).

I'm thinking of making a TV edition cut of the Matrix trilogy and can't decide whether to buy the ~$10 3 film set, the ~$20 Complete region free set, the ~$18 four films set, or the ~$40 Ultimate set.

I've checked blu-ray.com to see what the differences between the actual discs are and didn't come up with much information, and we all know how helpful amazon reviews are.....

Here's what I'd like to know.
  1. Do the discs in the $10 3 film set have the same special features as the movie discs in the Ultimate set?
    *I specifically want the Music Revisited special feature from the Matrix disc and the Enter The Matrix scenes from Reloaded disc.
  2. Is there audio/visual quality differences between the different versions?
  3. Are the Enter the Matrix scenes that come with Reloaded in HD or SD?
Thanks!

Sometimes if you really dig you can find screenshots that show the back part of the cover art and it'll tell you most of the special features on there.  

Great idea for a thread because I know I've felt overwhelmed with trying to figure out what edition to buy and IMDB's forums were pretty good for that when people weren't trolling.

Which version of "The Star Wars Holiday Special" should I buy?

Neglify said:
Which version of "The Star Wars Holiday Special" should I buy?

swholidayspecialbluray%5B1%5D.jpg

Anyone have the Region Free Spider-Man 5 film collection? Wondering if it has Spider-Man 2.1 and Spider-Man 3 Extended in it.
Here's the amazon link. I couldn't find it in the reviews and didn't see a spot to ask a question. There's no info on blu-ray.com or other sites I've searched either. The US Trilogy set seems to have 2.1 in it so I assume this does too, but I'd like to find out before I buy it.
51hm-KiZcwL._SX385_.jpg

Just dawned on me that I could watch an unboxing/review. Thanks to this guy, at the 7:00 mark it clearly says that the directors cut comes with Spider-Man 2. Looks like a purchase for me :)

Back
Top Bottom