• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Back to the Future: Greater Scott Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Htl4d8z.png

BTTF is one of my favourite films of all time, so upon seeing the deleted scenes, I thought they'd make a nice addition to the film and to make a longer version of an already great movie. 

- Added George buying an entire crate of peanut brittle
- Added Marty asking a lady to pinch him after he reads the 1955 newspaper 
- Added '55 Doc going through '85 Doc's suitcase 
- Added Doc and Marty looking at Lorraine in school 
- Extended version of Marty pretending to be Darth Vader to conivnce George to take Lorraine to the dance
- Extended version of Marty and George talking in his yard
- Added Doc bribing a cop and Marty talking to him about what will happen at the dance
- Added George getting stuck in a phone booth (which is why he was late to the car to "fight" Marty)
- Moved around some shots after Marty's peformance at the dance to accomidate the next change
- Added Marty saying "It's rock and roll" after playing Johnny B Goode
- Added "To Be Continued" before credits (Wasn't on the Blu-Ray and DVD, only VHS)

Colour correction has been done to all scenes to match up with the final film, although not perfect. 

Special thanks to Mielr on OT.com for a higher quality version of the "Rock and Roll" clip and ilovewaterslides on OT.com as well for a HD version of the TBC card whom without I'd still be using a VHS transfer. 

A near-final (or maybe final) version is currently avaliable to watch, PM me if you are interested

I like the idea, but while it can be jarring going between crisp footage and non-remastered footage, some people are ok with that and some find it too distracting.  Either way, do some research and see where you can find the best quality of the deleted scenes and go for it!

Side note, I've often wondered what BTTF would be like if when Marty goes back to 1955 if the color scheme became black and white much like when he eventually goes back to 1885 if the color scheme became sepia tone.  Just a minor thought..... (could also work given the footage you have is a little messy, maybe try to mess up the original footage a little so it is less jarring going back and forth between the different footages).

musiced921 said:
I like the idea, but while it can be jarring going between crisp footage and non-remastered footage, some people are ok with that and some find it too distracting.  Either way, do some research and see where you can find the best quality of the deleted scenes and go for it!

Side note, I've often wondered what BTTF would be like if when Marty goes back to 1955 if the color scheme became black and white much like when he eventually goes back to 1885 if the color scheme became sepia tone.  Just a minor thought..... (could also work given the footage you have is a little messy, maybe try to mess up the original footage a little so it is less jarring going back and forth between the different footages).

I know there is higher quality available for most of the scenes (except the one shown in the clip) to my knowledge
Like this one here, shame is that there is a watermark in the corner

I might find them somewhere, who knows.

Also that B/W and Sepia idea could work for an entirely different edit

Reminder that the own the source rule of the site means that if you're going to make or watch an edit, you have to own the source material. Whatever deleted scenes you "find" and intend to use must be purchased and obtained legally.

addiesin said:
Reminder that the own the source rule of the site means that if you're going to make or watch an edit, you have to own the source material. Whatever deleted scenes you "find" and intend to use must be purchased and obtained legally.

I have sourced these deleted scenes from my own DVD boxset, so it's not a worry. I might buy the Blu-Ray to see if they're higher quality though

how about Back to the Future "Great Scott Edition"

Heavy(er) Edition
Greater Scott Edition

The edit is finished and just needs to be exported. I am planning to buy a BR Drive in the future in hopes of a higher quality version at some point. The name of the edit will probably be Back to the Future: Great Scott(er) Edition (Hubunky and TVs Frink) Here's another clip in the meantime...

Great Scott(er) Edition is a title that brings a smile to my face.

Here's the artwork for the Greater Scott Edition too. 
I do not know who did the original piece 
Kszgmns.png

Also, a friend of mine has a BR drive, so I've picked up a copy of the trilogy at a thrift store and am getting the higher quality scenes soon. That means higher quality scenes that aren't as jarring hopefully

I've gotten the BR scenes, they're in higher quality and look significantly better. Working on some colour corrections now, here's a clip that I've corrected. Original on left, new on right

heres the complete BTTF Timeline Edition - All 3 movies in sync, with all deleted scenes editited perfectly back in and also the hidden Easter egg Cigarette commercial ... enjoy its in a free megaup link i have more

@"WORKPRINTsFANeDITS" Do not post download links in the forum, it's against the rules (Link deleted). Please read the rules in full before continuing to use the forum...

If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details

The edit is now complete! PM me if you would like to see it. Feedback is greatly welcomed!

Here is the updated cover art;
St8TPjC.png

Initial feedback has been fantastic, hopefully it gets approved by the Academy and inducted into the IFDB, but I am having troubles with getting a hold of DominicCobb

addiesin said:
derpstonpderp said:
but I am having troubles with getting a hold of DominicCobb

How so? Did you send a PM?

Sent 2 actually a few days ago, no response so far. I would of assumed he might of been taking a few days off or something but he's been online.

Here's a quick trailer thingo

Working on some stuff for the DVD

Another thing or something

Maybe it's mostly pointless, but who knows

Bobson Dugnutt said:
addiesin said:
derpstonpderp said:
but I am having troubles with getting a hold of DominicCobb

How so? Did you send a PM?

Sent 2 actually a few days ago, no response so far. I would of assumed he might of been taking a few days off or something but he's been online.

Sometimes I'm online for a while (and even making posts) before I respond to PMs, especially if that PM requires something I can't do in my current location or will take some time to address.  And sometimes I leave it unopened so I don't forget to address it once I do have the time.

Back
Top Bottom