• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Exporting dual audio DVD

Stonehenge

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm trying to create a dual audio mpeg files. In Womble i have the video file, music file and at the bottom of screen i added another .wav file (next to the mic icon)
when exporting to dvd or mpg, it seems there is no second audio track at least to VLC
i can't find a second audio option in export settings.

Would the second audio track mute the audio from the video file during playback?

i want normal playback to give video with soundFX/dialogue + OST
during playback of the second audio track i want no dialogue
is this possible?
I guess it would be easier to extract the audio from the videotrack and mix it with the OST, then use this as the secondary audio track
mute the video and use the OST as music track
or vice versa

im not sure if im understanding correctly because im tired and all but i think you want to create a dvd with mulitple audio tracks..

seems you have set up the audio tracks as you want them in womble..

if each track is as you want it, and requires no multiple track mixxing then the process is easy, mute everythign but the track you want (mute video and other audio tracks) and export to "track1.ac3"... go back and mute that track and unmute the other audio track you want and export to "track2.ac3"

when you set up the dvd add both audio tracks and you will be able to choose what audio you want while you are playing the disc.

you dont want to export to a MPEG with both video and audio since from what i have seen dvd software doesnt like it. Export a Video file with no audio and then 2 audio files with no video.

if you are trying to mix the audio tracks together to get a new track then you might try to disable the video but dont mute it if you want that audio, then just export to a audio file. I would like to note that I have tried that before and never once got a properly mixed audio export from it, you may be better off mixxing the audio together in a different program.

Cheers, thanks for the info :)

quick noob question: does a commentary track mute the movie?
I haven't listened to many commentary tracks but i seem to recall there was only pictures and commentary for the most part, not sure though

Stonehenge said:
Cheers, thanks for the info :)

quick noob question: does a commentary track mute the movie?
I haven't listened to many commentary tracks but i seem to recall there was only pictures and commentary for the most part, not sure though
Generally they don't entirely mute it, but they put the volume of the movie noise pretty low, as to not be heard over the voice.

I learned this the hardway.

Your best bet for commentary is to have the films audio playing on headphones or some other device THAT YOUR mic (or whatever you are using to record the audio) CANNOT pic up or hear

MANY films are 23.97 frames progressive with pulldown. If you play the film and record the audio, it may appear in sync but when you do it with the pc, you will see that your commentary will be out of sync and this happens gradually at certain points.

the reason for this is that you are recording the audio at what speed the film is playing (29.97 frames because of pulldown), not the films true speed of 23.97 (ntsc)

so if you record commentary and have the films audio in the background, you can hear/see it is off sync and it is a realy pain in the ass trying to sync it up again. I have found no "short" way to do this.

this is why I mention to record it so you cannot hear the films audio. This way you can shift/move your commentary as needed to where it should go in the film and then the film and commentary tracks together. Now you will have a true synced track without the headache

Back
Top Bottom