• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Jurassic World Trilogy

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, need your guys thoughts here. If I've seen the trailer, do I have to see the film? Seems like it kinda went over everything. (Is Jeff Goldblum only in that one scene?)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Ok, need your guys thoughts here. If I've seen the trailer, do I have to see the film?

It's all in the trailer. Virtually all of Goldblum and every moment of dramatic tension was spoiled by it.

slekyr said:
Would you recommend seeing it in the theater or waiting for video?  Also how would you compare it with Jurassic World and the rest of the franchise?

Yes and no. It's big-screen entertainment, nothing more. So while it's forgettable and inessential, the cinema is the place to see it, if you intend to. The practical Dino FX and CGI are very good and worth seeing on a large screen too.

I'd liken it to JP3 in that it's fun yet very silly but with a plot structure similar to JP2, except not boring. It doesn't have any of the feels of JP1 or JW1.... although that could in part be down to the near total absence of the JP theme music.

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Yes and no. It's big-screen entertainment, nothing more. So while it's forgettable and inessential, the cinema is the place to see it, if you intend to. The practical Dino FX and CGI are very good and worth seeing on a large screen too.

In that case I’ll skip opening weekend and probably the week after as well and try and catch it on a discount day that isn’t too busy.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I'd liken it to JP3 in that it's fun yet very silly but with a plot structure similar to JP2, except not boring. It doesn't have any of the feels of JP1 or JW1.... although that could in part be down to the near total absence of the JP theme music.

It plays during the end credits..I don't know that for sure (I don't stay for credits), but that's what I heard

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw this movie over the weekend. What a waste of time. Contrary to what seems to be the majority opinion around here, I really enjoyed Jurassic World. Fallen Kingdom felt like nothing more than a recycling of JP2 and JP3. 

The way the film ended was a perfect way to close the franchise, so of course they won't...

Also, can we please stop giving John Williams' properties to Michael Giacchino?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Y'all want hyperbole?! I'll give you hyperbole. You think I won't hyperbolize? Oh, I will. Here goes:

image.jpg
After a nifty opening sequence, Fallen Kingdom's first ten or so minutes are pretty darn bad. But, once Pratt shows up, and starts vibing with Howard, things get better... and continue to improve... and then the whole second half of the movie, which I'm sure all the marketing spoiled, but I won't, is just fantastic. I had the hugest grin on my face for the entire third act, and by the time the closing montage started, I was chuckling at how happy the ride had made me.

Both Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom have clearly taken the "Biggerer, Louderer, and Dumberer is Betterer" course at the University of the Fast & Furious, and gotten top grades. There are plot holes in this movie an eight-year-old could spot, and the filmmakers keep forgetting that the T-Rex is heavy enough to shake the ground, and thus can't possibly sneak up on anyone. (To be fair, though, Spielberg himself kinda started that at the end of JP.) Throw in a few funny jabs at F***face von Clownstick, and you've got yourself a delicious, juicy cheeseburger of summer fun. Maybe that little experiment called the United States of America hasn't yet completely fallen apart after all. If your sense of shameless fun was tickled silly by the likes of The Fate of the Furious, then this motion picture is most assuredly for you. :D

Jurassic Park: A-
The Lost World: B-
Jurassic Park III: D
Jurassic World: B+
Fallen Kingdom: B+

(Minor quibble: No, but, seriously... what about Isla Sorna/Site B? No, really?)

TM2YC said:
and of course make the *redacted* not a *redacted* because that was unnecessarily silly.

I am sure you will retract this comment when

She turns out to have dino-speaking and dino-strength powers in the next movie. Wasn't there some line about how Pratt and Howard "had no idea what she's capable of"? And yes, I totally want to see her punch an Allosasurus and knock it the eff out. Again, we're in the Fast & Furious land of Glorious Stupidity here! :D

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Speaking of fictional politics in generally non-political fictional entertainment...

jwfk.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll write more this weekend, but for now, a quick review of Dominion, from an unabashed fan of the first two Jurassic World flicks... take it away, Shakespeare:

32rar3.jpg

Seriously, don't even bother, or wait for streaming/Redbox at the very least. It's bad. 🤪

lossy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw some reviews compare it to Rise of Skywalker. I'm almost tempted to see it now..

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My brother saw it and said it was terrible. My snarky reply was “you’re surprised? There hasn’t been a good Jurassic Park movie since the first half of the first movie.” 🤣

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My brother saw it and said it was terrible. My snarky reply was “you’re surprised? There hasn’t been a good Jurassic Park movie”
FTFY :p

On another note, my therapist told me about how he ended up walking out of the theater for this one. Sounds like a disaster.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Time to change therapist I guess.

This movie is way better than critics say and WAY better than previous one. It has some serious problems, but after all, it was still quite enjoyable ride.

7/10 in my book, and I'm going enjoy many rewatches when it hits Blu-ray.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
FTFY :p

On another note, my therapist told me about how he ended up walking out of the theater for this one. Sounds like a disaster.
For me, the first one had the wonder and the science fiction in the first half. Then it shifted into monster movie mode and has, seemingly, never looked back (I can’t say for sure since I haven’t seen any of the latest movies). But I’m simply not interested in those types of monster movies. I don’t care for Godzilla or King King movies and things like Pacific Rim hold zero interest for me. For those that enjoy those types of movies these JW movies may be great. My comment to my brother was simply in jest.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me, the first one had the wonder and the science fiction in the first half. Then it shifted into monster movie mode and has, seemingly, never looked back (I can’t say for sure since I haven’t seen any of the latest movies). But I’m simply not interested in those types of monster movies. I don’t care for Godzilla or King King movies and things like Pacific Rim hold zero interest for me. For those that enjoy those types of movies these JW movies may be great. My comment to my brother was simply in jest.
Oh l got what you were saying, l was simply referencing my own dislike of the movies, which has become more of a joke by now.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw some reviews compare it to Rise of Skywalker. I'm almost tempted to see it now..

Rise of Skywalker is a very average movie, but it's fast-paced, has energetic performances, and a clear, hissable villain. Yes, the narrative paths its heroes take are sometimes pointlessly contrived, but it's always clear what their ultimate goal is: defeating Palpatine. And, regardless of the real-life reasons behind it, Leia's mid-film self-sacrifice, gives the flick an emotional heft heading into its third act.

Jurassic World: Dominion has none of those virtues. Its villain performance is actually pretty fun (definitely the best part of the movie), but his motivations are convoluted and unclear. The legacy characters have no real business being part of this story. A major villain is introduced and then abruptly forgotten halfway through. The promise of the premise - dinosaurs in the everyday world - is almost entirely wasted in favor of yet another isolated jungle environment. As for sacrifice: there isn't any. When Owen had to jump into the raptor pen to rescue the human who'd fallen in in Jurassic World, I very much believed both humans were in mortal danger. But there was no danger, zilch, this time around.

In short, Rise of Skywalker is a glorious mess; Dominion is a dreary one.

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fallen Kingdom was awful but so dumb it became entertaining in spite of itself. Dominion is shockingly dull for the most part. I didn't think it was possible for a dinosaur movie but like life, they found a way.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fallen Kingdom was awful but so dumb it became entertaining in spite of itself. Dominion is shockingly dull for the most part. I didn't think it was possible for a dinosaur movie but like life, they found a way.
Looking at dinosaur movies as a whole, and not solely this franchise - l can't imagine that a majority aren't dull.

Top Bottom