• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The "Where did that audio glitch come from" thread

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all...

So, here's the scenario....
You edit your movie...
You preview, review, re-review, view...
All audio edits APPEAR...Ok?
You commit to a full BD, DVD, MP4 or ISO RENDER....
You load the disc and you have audio glitches in a few areas coinciding with cross fades, or the end of sections you muted, but a fraction of the piece of audio you don't want POPS through.

I rip with either MAKE MKV... or DVD FAB ( has issues).

I edit with Corel Video studio ultimate 9 or 10.

I know how to fix this....it's painful and involves extending or overlapping audio to eliminate the unpreviewable pop....

I'd rather just render knowing that what I see in the edit timeline will actually render that way. 

The unexpected glitches are especially bad when rendering direct to MP4.....

Does anyone else have this issue?
Did they resolve this?
Is the problems origin in the rip, the edit software or the original material encryption?

My Matrix edits had zero issues.
My X men edits were a nightmare, especially audio sync post rendering
The Things were also trouble free...
My Hobbit edits (complete but unreleased)...are still needing tiny audio glitch polishing...

Any views, ideas, similar experince or solutions are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks all...WRAITH

dannydangle

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmmm, I've edited pretty extensively with both Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas and if there ever ends up being an audio issue after rendering it will always just be something I missed and previewable when I go back into the project. Either that or I put the wrong output settings when rendering.

If I were you I'd carefully review the project's audio settings and experiment with different settings and file formats. The only way audio that is fine when previewing it within the software would become corrupted after rendering is if the render settings aren't good. Try a "match project settings" option if Corel Video Studio has that. If that fails maybe it's a Corel Video Studio issue (I wouldn't know I've never used that program).

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't tell you how many 15+ hour renders I made that ended up with small glitches. FRUSTRATING!
I found that in vegas, it's all about the cross fade length. Not sure if that is the same in other programs. I feel your pain.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From my experience, if you are using lossy or compressed files in your timeline, expect render glitches. I rarely, if ever, encounter problems if I am working with a lossless workflow.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to Tech Section / Audio Editing.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's Videostudio, particularly if you edit the DVD files directly.
Source: editing with VS for many years!

Top Bottom