• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman v Superman: No Justice:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Batman v Superman: No Justice:

Audio/Video Quality:
This edit looked and sounded great. The only problem I had visually was that in the "they were hunters" scene, the blues were a little grainy. But that's not your fault at all.

Visual Editing:
Incredible. The color correction was executed and made the movie look much less saturated than the dour original. However, there were some little clips in which their inclusion didn't really make sense in context with the overall scenes (Martha hugging young Clark, the gun right before "I believe you"). Another nitpick I had was that in the transition from Lex's Party to Mexico, Superman flies upward in what looks like the daytime, even though the party's at night - but that's just me.

Audio Editing:
This was also really well done. There were some scenes though where the audio fading out definitely clashed with the incoming audio.

Narrative:
Even though I would've chosen to keep the WW and Doomsday stuff (to connect the edit with the DCEU) and cut out the Africa subplot scenes, for what you were trying to do, this was definitely handled well. I liked how you edited Batman's individual action scenes to give the impression that he chooses not to kill. I don't understand why Snyder, Terrio, and Goyer chose to make this incarnation of Batman kill (especially when he hates Superman for killing tons of people), so I'm glad that you chose to fix this glaring flaw. I also liked you cut out the scene in which Martha gets kidnapped. It makes the audience find about Lex's dastardly plan along with Superman, making the scene much more dramatic. However, there was one scene that you cut out that I think should have been concluded. The scene with "Martha won't die tonight" should have stayed in, as this is the scene that leaves Batman and Superman on good terms, and without its inclusion, we don't why Batman is even going to the warehouse. Even with the fact that KGBeast is there, we never see Batman reach the conclusion that Lex is the bad guy, which is essential (along with the "Save Martha" scene) in Batman recognizing the good in Superman.

Enjoyment:
Despite some flaws, this is a really good and enjoyable edit overall. I would say that this is a better movie to watch for a common movie viewer. Many people in my opinion would not understand what was going on in the Knightmare, the Flash scene, or any scene involving metahumans and Doomsday. This edit makes BvS a lot more simple and concise for an everyday audience, and especially for people like me who don't want to sit through a dull, three hour borefest like the Ultimate Edition of BvS.

Great job, and I'm looking forward to seeing more clever edits from you in the future!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/batman-v-superman-no-justice/discussions/9255/

Top Bottom