• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Agents of SHIELD: Deathlok (Season 1, 3rd of 3)

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So real life got in the way for a while, but I'm knee deep in FCP once again and working on this, the final part of the SHIELD S1 trilogy.

I've created this thread a bit earlier in the process than normal as I have a few questions I hoped you folks could help with.

Obviously, discussing the plot of the episodes to be included will mean SPOILERS!!! So don't read any further if you like to remain unspoilt like a pimply youth on prom night.

SPOILERS.........

The title. The current working title is Deathlok, alluding to Mike Peters, but more so to Garrett due to what he is. I started a bit indifferent to the title, but I am warming to it. However, I wonder if anyone has any other ideas what the title could be. Is Deathlok okay? Any suggestions for something else? Maybe something to do with the fall of SHIELD?

A plot thread in the penultimate episode of the season had the team infiltrate a Cybertek facility. Aside from some exposition they escape with, the scene remains pretty redundant, and you don't really find out anything that you're not seeing from Garrett's POV. I could cut it. However, it has some good team moments where they get to work together again, and some funny bits. It could be the difference in running time of about 6 to 8 minutes if cut. Does anyone have any preference? And why?

And in general, is there anything from the last five episodes of season 1 that you would miss if cut. I have a rough cut already (around the 2h20m mark) which has removed certain plots, but have I removed the right ones ;) ?

Scar

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the DEATHLOK subtitle works, esp. seeing how the most recent season subtitled its first arc GHOST RIDER.
[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]Save[/font][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]Save[/font]

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not to mention Quake and or the Inhumans.

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really looking forward to the finale as these edits have only gotten better! As for the title, I would say Deathlok works well enough. Simplistic and carries enough weight for the story

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is the trailer for the film. I decided to use the 'Cliched Blockbuster Trailer' video that went around recently as a template, minus a few Bwoooarrr. And as an added cliche, I even included some shots that aren't in the final film :)

Obviously, Spoilers, it is a modern trailer...

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
FUCKING HYPE!

*ahem* excuse me.

I'm very excited for this edit, I liked Centipede as a streamlined introduction to the series and loved Clairvoyant as a standalone movie. I like to seeing this, and more from you in the future! :D

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well done trailer! Looking forward to this release.

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And we're done. At least from the editing side. IFDB listing submitted.

Currently only a digital version (MKV - about 4.1Gb) is available, I'm having a doozy of a time trying to get a BR image verified as working. And I have no DVD-Rs at the moment, so need to get some to test a DVD image.  If anyone would care to try a BR or DVD image to download and burn for me, then PM.

But for now, PM me if you'd like the digital 1080p version.

(Is MKV okay? Is an MP4 version preferred? PM me your thoughts, not sure if discussing here is permitted.)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit released. ifdb article posted. Thread moved.

Nick-Fury-SHIELD-Marvel-Comics-h7.jpg

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DSM2337 said:
(Is MKV okay? Is an MP4 version preferred? PM me your thoughts, not sure if discussing here is permitted.)

Discussing release formats is fine.

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've rendered a 720p MP4 of this edit. It's sized under 3Gb. PM if interested.

THEONECR7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So real life got in the way for a while, but I'm knee deep in FCP once again and working on this, the final part of the SHIELD S1 trilogy.

I've created this thread a bit earlier in the process than normal as I have a few questions I hoped you folks could help with.

Obviously, discussing the plot of the episodes to be included will mean SPOILERS!!! So don't read any further if you like to remain unspoilt like a pimply youth on prom night.

SPOILERS.........

The title. The current working title is Deathlok, alluding to Mike Peters, but more so to Garrett due to what he is. I started a bit indifferent to the title, but I am warming to it. However, I wonder if anyone has any other ideas what the title could be. Is Deathlok okay? Any suggestions for something else? Maybe something to do with the fall of SHIELD?

A plot thread in the penultimate episode of the season had the team infiltrate a Cybertek facility. Aside from some exposition they escape with, the scene remains pretty redundant, and you don't really find out anything that you're not seeing from Garrett's POV. I could cut it. However, it has some good team moments where they get to work together again, and some funny bits. It could be the difference in running time of about 6 to 8 minutes if cut. Does anyone have any preference? And why?

And in general, is there anything from the last five episodes of season 1 that you would miss if cut. I have a rough cut already (around the 2h20m mark) which has removed certain plots, but have I removed the right ones ;) ?
How can I download this release and watch it? thanks for all that you do1 Helder

Top Bottom