If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Breaking Bad Gets a Fanedit
(05-31-2017, 08:00 AM)addiesin Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 06:19 AM)scooper Wrote: Hello there, can somebody give me the link to download Breaking Bad fanedit, the best quality version. I was trying to contact MCP but he disabled private messages.
Thank you.

MCP is not a user

Maybe not, but he fights for the users.
(03-14-2017, 01:40 PM)plurmonger Wrote: It moves at a quick pace, but it never loses its rhythm, and I didn't find any glaring plot holes (just one line toward the end that doesn't make much sense without some deleted context).  The only complaints I have are that, at times, it moves just a little too quickly, and some of the characters are (unsurprisingly) thinly drawn. It's not a problem for everybody (The story doesn't suffer for cutting down Walt Jr's screentime, for instance), but Jessie really could have used more scenes to flesh out his relationship with Walt and give the conclusion to his story more emotional payoff. The best advice I can give to anyone who's planning to watch this is to let go of any preconceived notions of what must be included in a BB fanedit.  

I thought it was very done. It does feel like there are major time skips, which works well for this edit, but is usually done in a more obvious way in a feature film. This does produce some small plot holes in terms of character motivations. 

MILD SPOILERS: 
1) Without seeing all the time that Walter is absent without good reason, we don't quite see why Skyler would suspect he is having an affair or that something else was up. 
2) Without seeing Walt's occasional impulsiveness (or Jesse's drug use) we don't see why Gus would want to have them killed at all. 
3) Without seeing Walt mentoring Jesse we don't see how they developed such deep loyalties to each other, which makes the betrayals at the end more heart-wrenching. 
4) Without Walt's manipulations and Todd's very bad deed, we don't see why Jesse would be so angry when parting ways with Walt and so quick to flip on him once in police custody. 

That said, again I think this fanedit is excellent for what it is trying to do. I wish it had a few more of the best lines included. This edit is geared towards highlighting Walt's family relationships as he descends. It is emotionally tough to watch this though without the action scenes or comic relief. 

I think at least 2 other TV-movie fanedits could be make from the series. A fanedit focusing on Jesse's development - as he sees his relationships destroyed as he moves up from small-time to big-time - would have Walt play the catalyst of his changes (or even make Jesse's and Walt's screen-time more equal telling parallel stories). 

Another TV-to-movie fanedit could be the action cut - where personal relationships just are background to the small-time cooks getting in over their heads. Crazy stuff keeps happening to them (and the DEA agent trying to catch up to them). 

(03-16-2017, 11:33 AM)addiesin Wrote: Sorry I don't know any Breaking Bad quotes... 
Let's cook.
(07-13-2017, 11:43 PM)iridium_ionizer Wrote: I think at least 2 other TV-movie fanedits could be make from the series.

#3: Remove all mention of meth and make a Lifetime Sunday Afternoon movie about a high school teacher dealing with a terminal illness, infidelity and failed career.
(07-14-2017, 09:58 PM)Adabisi Wrote: #3: Remove all mention of meth and make a Lifetime Sunday Afternoon movie about a high school teacher dealing with a terminal illness, infidelity and failed career.
This would be great! Call it Making Sad. I wonder how many people would be really interested in it and how many people would watch it just as a joke. 

There are a few other fanedits that I have thought of since that would be possible. 
#4 Hank's story. This would focus on the DEA investigations and only show Walt when interacting with him. There is more than enough personal drama to flesh out a story. Although the ending might not be satisfying enough for some. 
#5 Cartel Drama. This would probably work as series of 3 vignettes (Tucco, Gus, and Jack) with Walt and Jesse being constant side characters. There's probably not enough character development to really make this work for Tucco and Jack. 
#6 Comedy Version. There would be a lot of Badger in this version. The humorous incompetency of Walt and Jesse would be played up. The ending would be the universe-shattering "it was all a dream" scene that was included as a bonus feature. And there would be more Badger.