• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Breaking Bad Gets a Fanedit

plurmonger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I downloaded this yesterday, and I plan to watch it tonight.  I'll let y'all know.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm on mobile data abroad at the moment, but I hope someone downloads this as a preservation effort before it inevitably gets taken down...

Edit:Excellent, I see plurmonger is way ahead of me :D

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
plurmonger said:
I downloaded this yesterday, and I plan to watch it tonight.  I'll let y'all know.

As someone who never saw Breaking Bad, I would love to see this fresh take before going into the series proper

15MaF

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[font=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]This was very, very well put together. So well I'd like to not criticise anything at all. But I feel it needed just another 10-15 minutes. It needed just one more of Jesse's arcs stitched in. In general, many arcs were wisely left out of this edit in order to acheive this impossible strip down. Well done overall.[/font]

sgp1428

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That One Guy said:
I'm on mobile data abroad at the moment, but I hope someone downloads this as a preservation effort before it inevitably gets taken down...

Edit:Excellent, I see plurmonger is way ahead of me :D

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]That One Guy was spot on. The Fanedit has been removed. :( [/font]

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dammitall! :mad:  they snatched it away when i was in the middle of snatching it for myself.  i was gonna watch it at work tonight. :D

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Search for Breaking Bad the Movie on Reddit. I'm grabbing it from there.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm just curious to see a cut list.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched this, it's pretty impressive work considering. I think maybe they should've let it go slightly longer just to let the characters breathe a little. I don't think we ever really got a sense of Walt Jr or Pinkman in this version. Still, pretty cool to slim it down that much.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
watched the first 14 minutes, which are pretty well cut.

it's too bad the faneditors didn't come to this site, where they could have learned better distribution hygiene.

plurmonger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, I watched it last night, and I have to say this is really impressive work.  I went into the viewing with extremely low expectations, not at all expecting it to work, but I knew in the first 5 minutes that I was watching something special.  The way everything has been cut down and ordered is truly elegant, and it plays more like an honest-to-god film than any other tv-to-movie edit that I've seen.  It moves at a quick pace, but it never loses its rhythm, and I didn't find any glaring plot holes (just one line toward the end that doesn't make much sense without some deleted context).  The only complaints I have are that, at times, it moves just a little too quickly, and some of the characters are (unsurprisingly) thinly drawn. It's not a problem for everybody (The story doesn't suffer for cutting down Walt Jr's screentime, for instance), but Jessie really could have used more scenes to flesh out his relationship with Walt and give the conclusion to his story more emotional payoff. The best advice I can give to anyone who's planning to watch this is to let go of any preconceived notions of what must be included in a BB fanedit.  Likely, your favorite moments from the series are not included (most of mine weren't), but what is here is still fantastic, and the movie as presented doesn't really suffer for what wasn't used.  I don't want to go into any specifics because it was so much fun to just watch this play out as envisioned by the editor.

Nic said:
As someone who never saw Breaking Bad, I would love to see this fresh take before going into the series proper

I can't recommend against this enough.  If you are interested in watching Breaking Bad, watch the series, because while this is a fascinating exercise and a decent film, the series is incredible. Watching this first will spoil some of the surprises, killing your suspense during key moments of the series, and everything that works here works infinitely better within the full context of the show.  I would say this edit is purely for existing fans of the show and people who don't ever plan to devote the necessary time to watch all of the seasons in their entirety.

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excellent opening titles. It's obvious from the very start that this is well thought through edit.  It has great tone and pace, only once toward the end I thought a scene was surplus. I like how it presented characters/arcs and also 2.35 AR - a reminder that the show itself was very much cinematic.

staminaboy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
damingraham said:
Anyone have a poster for this? I would like to add it to my Plex Server

Heh, that was the first thing I thought too! So I browsed the internet and fired up Photoshop.

Breaking%20Bad%20The%20Movie%20Poster_zpsufhiuohs.jpg~original

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^I don't think that's quite "there". 

Personally I really liked the wave of fan-made minimalist posters for this show, even though I never watched the show. 

If I were making a movie cover, I'd try to make something similar to this:

tumblr_m3xy678jgc1qzdglao1_500.jpg

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The chosen image and text placement is nice, I just hate the chosen font for "eaking d" and "e vie". Probably a matter of taste/preference. To each their own.

staminaboy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
The chosen image and text placement is nice, I just hate the chosen font for "eaking d" and "e vie". Probably a matter of taste/preference. To each their own.

Yeah - I might go back and change that. The periodic table images and the other text were all a part of one font called 'Heart Breaking Bad' and I just went with it rather than going in and grabbing another font for the second part of the words.

Edit: New image below. Font corrected to the original used for the series as well as sized/aligned better. Poster aspect ratio also fixed.

LGLy3n.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
FWIW, I like staminaboy's poster

Me too. Using the correct elements from the periodic table is a nice touch.

Top Bottom