If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Donations
Like many popular sites -- and Fanedit.org IS popular to the tune of approx. 28k visits a month -- the cost to run the site adds up. For hosting alone it costs us $300 a year, and that's not including software costs. Typically, FE.org costs between $400-$500 annually. A lot of people use the site and few donate to the site. That's okay... we realize not everyone has expendable income or want to contribute.

In the past we've floated around the idea of adding ads to the site or making the site subscription-based, neither of which we really want to do. FE.org up until now has always been free, and that's something we'd like to continue offering. That said, we would appreciate some contributions from the 28k people who visit the site, even if it's a few bucks. Those few bucks add up and help in reducing what we pay out of pocket.

So if you're feeling particularly generous, consider making a small donation to the site.

Thank you.
Can I suggest an option for recurring donations? I would personally be happy to kick a few bucks monthly (a lot of us do that with favorite podcasts and stuff) but we don't really think about donating on a regular basis (sorry!).
(02-20-2017, 01:47 PM)thecuddlyninja Wrote: Can I suggest an option for recurring donations? I would personally be happy to kick a few bucks monthly (a lot of us do that with favorite podcasts and stuff) but we don't really think about donating on a regular basis (sorry!).

That's a good suggestion. I'll look into setting something like that up.
Q2, do you have a metric for $ per active/regular users that would meet the annual cost?
Does the new forum support donor badges? I think that people like them.
Non sum qualis eram.

Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Decoding Video and Audio
Captain Khajiit's Quick Guide to Encoding a BD via the Command-line
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Encoding with HCenc

For tech support, PM me (politely) or use the @+username function: I rarely read through threads these days.
Monthly subscription is now available, thecuddlyninja.

(02-20-2017, 06:09 PM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: Q2, do you have a metric for $ per active/regular users that would meet the annual cost?

I don't, no.

(02-21-2017, 01:07 PM)Captain Khajiit Wrote: Does the new forum support donor badges? I think that people like them.

It's something we could add back, we just did away with all badges when we moved to the new theme.
[Image: tGDYydp.gif]

Quick work!
Is there a way to donate without using Paypal???

I used to have a Paypal account years ago, until it got hacked and I got charged $1000s of dollars I never spent.  And while it was all eventually cleared up, I have no interest in using Paypal again.   Tongue
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
While you are still technically using Paypal, Paypal (and our payment widget) allows you to pay/donate directly with a credit card even if you don't have a paypal account. So, you would enter your cc info just like any other online credit transaction.
---------------------: My Fanedits :---------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

--------------------: Consecutions :--------------------
(02-21-2017, 03:28 PM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote: While you are still technically using Paypal, Paypal (and our payment widget) allows you to pay/donate directly with a credit card even if you don't have a paypal account. So, you would enter your cc info just like any other online credit transaction.

Awesome!  Thanks  Smile
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.