• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Anyone know who's fan edit of T2 this is?

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quick inquiry: I was perusing cap-a-holic las night and came across this:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/182525/picture:0

1472250588_1234650789.jpg

The daytime shots aren't different regarding color timing, but whoever made this has clearly diminished the over-excessive blue color that T2 is known for. I'm actually trying to do the same thing myself for a fan edit I'm working on. I'd love to know who made this so I can use it as references for my edit (I plan on removing the blue even further if possible). So, anyone know who made this? I stayed up nearly all night looking through both this site, OT, and fanres, so no avail.

The original shot looks better IMO, the regrade is wrong. Notice how the silver shiny metal panels of the lift interior (which has flat white lighting) is silver, balanced and correct in the original because the blue light thrown onto the corridor isn't shining in there. The lift interior is browny/orange in the regrade (the corridor is going pink too).

TM2YC said:
The original shot looks better IMO, the regrade is wrong. Notice how the silver shiny metal panels of the lift interior (which has flat white lighting) is silver, balanced and correct in the original because the blue light thrown onto the corridor isn't shining in there. The lift interior is browny/orange in the regrade (the corridor is going pink too).

The original is pushed a tad blue, but I agree, it is closer to what the picture should look like than this fan regrade. The Purkinje effect is real... 

The grain on this fan regrade is a bit heavy, but they had the right idea there. The Skynet edition Blu-ray is DNR'd, which is what I used for my edit and what is shown in the comparison that tylerdurden389 posted. The 2015 Blu-ray has a new scan and better color/grain. I'd recommend that over the fan regrade. I didn't bother repurchasing because I pretty much only watch my edit these days, and I have way too many copies of T2 on DVD and Blu-ray already.

Here are comparisons between the Skynet edition and 2015 Blu-rays:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison.php?id=128299

^ Yeah, the new detail is great, but I think some color timing in between each of those (Kkynet is a tad yellow, 2015 is a tad red) would be perfect.

The 2015 BD wasn't hit with the heavy DNR of previous HD releases and was a welcome improvement.

Back
Top Bottom