• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

LV 426

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2h6wwn9.jpg

This is a fanedit of Prometheus with the goal to turn the planet LV 223 into LV 426
in order to make it a proper prequel to the first Alien movie.
So this fanedit is not meant to be seen with Alien Convenant.
Most of the annoying aspects of the original movie (in my opinion) are now removed and/or changed a bit.

- New Lenght 93 minutes.
- 40 minutes are cut.
- 9 minutes are added.
- Including about 1 minute of new special effects here and there
(some invisibles, some you should see...)

This is a "fanMix" in the sens that it is its own thing but most of it is reallya  "FanFix".
Don't wait for a complete retelling of the story. This is still Prometheus, but different.

It is presented in  black and white mainly because it look great that way and also because I feel it serves the purpose of the movie being a direct prequel to Alien. As well as making it obviously different than the possible true prequel movie that will be Alien Convenant. So in a way the B&W is here to tell the audience "this is a fanedit", it's not meant to replace Prometheus or Alien Convenant. Usualy a fanedior avoid things that can make the audience aware that they are watching a fanedit, but in this case I think it's appopriate.

It is difficult to me to make a list of the scenes I removed because 80% of them are really only lines or words that are cut here and there.
Or scenes that switch places with others, etc.
There are of course entire scenes removed but listing only them would not be representative of the work done and I don't see myself remembering every cuts made to make a complete list.
I think the overall goal of this fanedit and its new lenght should be enough for you to see if you're interested in or not but if you have specific questions I'll be happy to answer them.

This fanedit is available at Vimeo now.
A m2ts version with better quality and english and french subtitles will be available later this month.
And a burning bluray version should be available probably next month. (L8wrtr is kind enough to make it so it will be ready when he is, and it will be available only for a short amount of time)
So you can make yourself an idea with the Vimeo video and then chose if you want to download the others versions or not)

For now check my blog to find the vimeo.
http://tmbtm-fanedits.blogspot.fr/

Enjoy.

skyled

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just briefly skipped through the vimeo and noticed the TED talk integrated in and replacing the Lawrence of Arabia parts. I could already tell this is gonna be good. :D

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
For now check my blog to find the vimeo.
http://tmbtm-fanedits.blogspot.fr/

Well done, you remembered to include a link to your blog ;) .

Despite the excitement to see it now, I think I'm going to wait for the blu-ray to see this at it's best. I'm hoping the visuals are going to look eye-popping in B&W.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a quick thought.
Your TMBTM opening, could you render that black n white, as well?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Just a quick thought.
Your TMBTM opening, could you render that black n white, as well?

Nope, I wanted to keep it in color.
To me having that opening logo in color is "the proof" that the following black & white is intented.
If that make sens.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Or ...
you could start in color then desaturate to black n white.
I'll watch no matter what.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Or ...
you could start in color then desaturate to black n white.
I'll watch no matter what.

I really like this idea. I almost said something to @"TMBTM" about that very same thing, but kind of guessed that was his reason for keeping it in color, but your solution is a cool balance.. the color fade out, then followed in BW is jarring. For instance, I think of how the Universal and Dreamworks logos open in a warm sepia which sets the tone for the color pallet that dominates the film.. while there are moments of stark and vivid color, or dull and lifeless color.. the bulk is that color scheme.

The opening logos can prepare the viewer for what's coming next visually. Transitioning to B/W would achieve that while preserving the emphasis on intent, and in fact, reinforces it as deliberate.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're both right but it was a conscious decision. I wanted the casual viewer to think "oh, it's black and white then."
The transition idea could have work though, indeed, but the fanedit's done I'm not changing anything unless there's a technical problem.

Note to admins: I'm gonna make the IFDB submission today or tomorrow.

DMPD

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
You're both right but it was a conscious decision. I wanted the casual viewer to think "oh, it's black and white then."
The transition idea could have work though, indeed, but the fanedit's done I'm not changing anything unless there's a technical problem.

Well as the casual viewer, it was the right direction to go on and did make my partner say "Hey! this is in Black & White!" when she viewed it, so it had the impact there :)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched the 5.1 version (on my 2.1 system, I don't have 5.1 anyway) and I feel there is a drop of sound volume when there's deleted scenes.
I think it's also a bit the case in the stereo version but with the 5.1 it was jarring to me.
So, I think I'll rework a bit the sound for the M2ts and bluray versions.
The video already released at Vimeo is the stereo one (in Ac3), I don't feel there's a big problem of volume with it but if you feel something is wrong, tell me and I'll upated the Vimeo next month.

Good side: I just finished the subtitles (I know why I rarely do those. It's long, boring, and there's always something wrong seomewhere)

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Good side: I just finished the subtitles (I know why I rarely do those. It's long, boring, and there's always something wrong seomewhere)

;)   i see what you did there.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
baileym43 said:
;)   i see what you did there.

The beautiful thing is that I saw it only right after I posted the message.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, I think I probably fixed the little volume drop problem during deleted scenes (I'll check it again this week end to be sure). At least I understand where the problem came from.
I kept the deleted scenes as stereo tracks when I made the 5.1 project, hence why there were no voices in the center audio channel. Then I converted it in stereo.

I'm planning a m2ts file release sometime next week.
I feel the lossless 2.0 and 5.1 would make the files pretty huge, I'm thinking ac3 instead of PCM should be enough.
Then I'll send the lossless files to L8wrtr for him to make the bluray.
Next mont I'll also update the Vimeo video with the new sound.

I guess I was too eager to release this fanedit and should have waited two or three more weeks to release all versions at once without dealing with sound problem.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
I guess I was too eager to release this fanedit and should have waited two or three more weeks to release all versions at once without dealing with sound problem.

That's okay. Every newbie makes mistakes  :p

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
That's okay. Every newbie makes mistakes  :p

It's been so long I released a fanedit that I feel like it.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have watched the 1.2 GB cut two or three times already,
but only for about a half hour.
I want to be surprised so I'm holding off for your fuller version.
BluRay is beyond me, but I'm glad you and L8wrtr are building that for others.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The .m2ts version is ready and should be available soon in a place near you.
(you can PM me if you can't wait though.)

720p
(final bluray will also be 720p anyway, and honestly the video quality here is 95% of what will be the bluray version)
2.0 .ac3 sound English
(final bluray will be lossless)
5.1 .ac3 sound English
(final bluray will be lossless)
Subtitles French
Subtitles English

I thought about including lossless 2.0 in this release but I think it's already heavy in size enough.

It's the first 5.1 mix I've done and I don't have a 5.1 system at home, so if you have one and find something is bad, tell me.
I'm waiting to get feedback on this 5.1 track before sending the files to @L8wrtr for the bluray to be made.
I would not want people to download huge file to get the 5.1 lossless if it's not a good listen.

Dustin6595

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was an excellent edit all the way until the special effects sequence with the Engineer to make it narratively connect with Alien more. I really appreciate all the work that went into doing that effect but it completely took me out of the experience. I wasn't convinced by it at all. Almost everything else was superb, the black and white was beautiful, all the other changes worked brilliantly, especially the TED talk replacing Laurence of Arabia. So well done there, but that obvious effects shot undermines those achievements for me. I do hope after Alien: Covenant is released you consider finishing the LV 223 version. 

Still I highly recommend this but the 3rd act falls apart because of the radical attempts to connect it to the original Alien film.

Top Bottom