• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sensational Spider-Man, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sensational Spider-Man, The:

I watched the individual fan edits, the Organic Eggs and Sparkles versions, before viewing this one, and I enjoyed both, even though I still considered the original Amazing Spider-Man films to be less than amazing- especially the second, which I thought was a real mess. However, I really enjoyed this version, which uses most of the first film and a few parts of the second to make one large standalone story, and does so really well.

Peter is made a far more likable character in this version. He never goes after Uncle Ben's killer, which I thought was a real problem in the first film. I never really got behind a main character who I watch for about twenty minutes on just his personal vendetta.
Dr. Ratha is completely changed. Throughout the film, you hear him being harassed by Norman Osborn through a radio, and it's kind of funny, but creepy at the same time. But at least all of his scenes have more depth than just him being a moron.
Harry Osborn is much more likable in this version, mostly because this version uses the first half of his story in this one, which was the part I originally liked, and even Chris Cooper as Norman is better done.
Dr. Connors is a much stronger villain- most of his deleted scenes are restored, and his character is much more three-dimensional.
Most of the third act remains unchained, and that was always my least favorite part of the original movie; however, it feels a lot more satisfying here, because there was a lot more buildup, and Spider-Man has a more credible foe to against.

Not completely free of flaws though. The last part does go on for a while, and it is a little strange to see Peter discover everything only after he beats the Lizard and breaks up with Gwen and all that. But I suppose that's a better option than just not discovering it at all or needing to make a sequel.
The runtime is a little long, but the story is more dense, and learning about all the parts that happen offscreen is more interesting here, so that's another plus. Most of the story issues I have are things that just hold over from the original, but I think this version does the best it can.

Overall, if you kind of liked the original films but still think they did have a lot of problems, you'll probably enjoy this version. Definitely recommend it!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/the-sensational-spider-man/discussions/9202/

Back
Top Bottom