• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Running Scared [2006] - True Crime Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Running Scared - True Crime Edition
Its Find The Gun, Or Death ..

RunningScared.jpg

original film name: Running Scared
new film name : Running Scared - True Crime Edition
film studio name : Lions Gate
edit crew name : Elbarto1
Date Original Film Was Released : 2006
Date Edit Was Released : March 2009
Original Runtime : 122 min
New Runtime : 92 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 30 minutes cut

Fanedit Details:
Anyone that has seen the original will remember that this film was a style over substance action film that (IMO) wasn't all that bad. However there were a few scenes and subplots that I felt didn't belong and either slowed the film down or took the focus off the main storyline. My intent was to keep the focus on the .38 by removing a few subplots and changing the schmaltzy tacked on 'twist' ending to something more plausible. This makes Joe a criminal and better fits his actions and attitude throughout the film.

The Changes: !!!-Includes Major Spoilers-!!!
Added New Intro Credits.
Removed "Flash Forward" Intro
Removed first scene of Oleg and Nick playing hockey in Joes basement
Trimmed some minor dialog and reordered a few 'flashback' scenes for better effect.
Complete Removal of the pedophile subplot from the film as I felt it just didn't belong in this film, even though it was a really good/creepy scene.
Removed any mention of Joey being an undercover cop (hence the title: True Crime Edition) because it just didnt make sense IMO and seemed like a twist for twists sake. Now Joey is a criminal through and through.
Trimmed and Restructured Pimp vs Joe Diner Fight and dialog.
Removed everything after Joe "Dies" in Wife's arms. No fake funeral, No happy ending
Added New Closing Credits.

Simple Color Correction to tweak the image more to my liking
Minor Image Noise Reduction to lessen the grain slightly

Hardware & Software Used:
2 Windows XP PC's: one newer and fast, one older and slow :)
$30 Bargain Basement Vegas Movie Studio 9
Vegas 8 pro (to render 5.1)
TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress
AutoGK
BeeSweet
PGCdemux
Virtual Dub
DVDFab
Audacity
DVD Architect Pro 4.0
PhotoShop CS3

Time Needed: 3 months

Special thanks to Mollo for providing a awesome gunshot sound clip and ThrowgnCpr, Boon23, Lewis886 and AvP for answering my never ending editing questions!

I really liked Running Scared. Your ideas sound cool. I wonder how the ending will work. Keep it coming.

Yes, the 2006 version. I didnt even think to check to see if there was another title by that name.
Sorry for the confusion. :)

I personally liked the pedo scene, and thought of a 1-cut, removing the opening scene to make that later scene a little more intense. But, I like the sounds of this cut. I think it'll work well if edited right. :D Keep us posted.

Just to clear something up, I dont dislike the pedophile scene, on the contrary I feel its one of the strongest scenes in the whole movie. Its just comes out of left field and doesnt really feel like it belongs in this film though. When I remove it the narrative isnt effected at all which is a good sign that its just filler.
MINOR SPOILERS BELOW
Its too bad as I especially love what Joe's wife does to them and it is really her only awesome moment in the whole film.

Exactly. It was almost like ...if she doesn't, man!... and she does. Amazing. Amazing. And believe me, I'm not mad that you're taking it out. I was just throwing my useless 2-cents worth in. ;) Haha. Happy editing! :D

in a stark contrast to the rest of the internet, nobody's opinion on this site is useless :)
thanks for the input!

Huzzah, now that I am a college graduate... or a least have finished my first degree, I finally found the time to finish this one.

Like Boon mentioned below, the abrupt ending I had in mind worked fine for me but I dont think other viewers would enjoy it - so I reworked it [spoiler:3l99g160]into something more finite and now Joe actually dies[/spoiler:3l99g160].

Most of the other initial changes I made remain and this edit focuses predominantly on the "story" of the .38 and Joe is NOT a undercover cop. I also added/altered the intro and closing credits.

I need to watch it one more time for errors and it'll be done. I plan on releasing AVI at first with a DVD to follow pending approval.

Thanks for your interest and support! :)

I will definitely watch it.

Awesome, I appriciate your interest. This edit has come alot further than my Alien4 fanedit attempt.. but its still far from perfect :razz:

Updated First Post w/ more relevant info, change list, etc.

I need to make a few more minor changes and this will be ready for release!

blick57 said:
Fooled me! I thought this was the '86 version.

Cover art added, hopefully I wont fool anyone else :)

nice cover art!

thanks guys, I am happy with it.

Updated artwork w/ running time, 5.1 audio logo and a little "el barto"

I finally got my new hard drive and was able to render out this behemoth. all I need to do now is author the DVD and this will be ready for release. (hopefully very soon)

Back
Top Bottom