If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR
(11-03-2019, 06:38 PM)bionicbob Wrote: But I guess the biggest issue I had is with the Big Twist (which happens in the first 5 minutes), as it never feels earned and makes first two classic Terminator movies narratively pointless.  And after that, this movie just feels like a tired plot retread of T2.  

The more and more I think about this movie, the angrier I get as a long time fan.

Not only does this new movie make T1 and T2 pointless, it says the characters you invested in for the past 30 years are utterly disposable.

I mean the new movie literally has a scene where Sarah says Dani is the new John.

And apparently, this was all Cameron's idea...
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a29681...s-cameron/

And maybe it could have been pulled off with a better script or direction?  Maybe something was cut?
I dunno.
But as a long time fan, instead of the Big Twist being an emotional dramatic gut punch, it felt more like a kick in the balls.
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
[+] 1 user Likes bionicbob's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by Nic - 01-21-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 01-23-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 01-24-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 06-24-2018, 03:53 AM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 03-23-2019, 08:13 PM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by Q2 - 05-23-2019, 10:18 AM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by bionicbob - 11-04-2019, 11:34 AM