If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR
(05-23-2019, 09:49 PM)addiesin Wrote:

This is the most interesting stuff to me, I think it's likely that John Connor was Terminated (or was never born, if T2 is out, which I doubt), like a flip on T3. I don't think robo human lady is the new JC, I think she's the new Kyle Reese counterpart and the present day dark haired woman is the new John/savior character.

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

It was very heavily implied at the end of Genesys that John Connor might not be born after all. In the new timeline, Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor didn't fall in love and conceive John within a few short hours of knowing each other, and they saw that this timeline's version of John became a villain, which would hardly encourage them to become a couple and start making babies. If Cameron is keeping Genesys as canon, then that would certainly be the natural following point.

I expect I'll like something about this movie, as I've found something to enjoy in all of them so far. The low point for me is probably Salvation, and even that one had an interesting premise and some nice visuals. And I'm not such a hardcore fan that the filmmakers have ever enraged me with their creative choices. Even with Genesys, I just laughed at the complete lunacy of it all. I'm not as invested as I am in, say, Star Wars. So whatever they do, I'll probably get a kick out of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by Nic - 01-21-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 01-23-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 01-24-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 06-24-2018, 03:53 AM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 03-23-2019, 08:13 PM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by Q2 - 05-23-2019, 10:18 AM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by TomH1138 - 05-24-2019, 08:35 AM