If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR
(09-20-2017, 08:07 AM)addiesin Wrote: It won't. 

Every terminator film after the "trilogy" of 1,2, and 3, has been announced as the first of a trilogy, where the second and third never materialize. In fact, most of the time when films are announced as the first of a trilogy, the movie sucks. It's a matter of focus. Same reason I'm not looking forward to Avatar 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,etc. Same reason I am not interested in almost any franchise that claims to be launching a "shared universe".

Make one movie. Make it good. Focus on it. Hone it. Be proud of the end product. THEN, if you're lucky, maybe you will get a chance to make more. But don't spend the entire time that you're supposed to be making the one movie, prepping for a different one. We, the audience, can tell.

I terribly agree.  I have my hopes up because I love the first two films, and I love Linda Hamilton.  I do hope for a fantastic end to the story Cameron begun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by Nic - 01-21-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 01-23-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 01-24-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by Canon Editor - 09-20-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 06-24-2018, 03:53 AM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by ssj - 03-23-2019, 08:13 PM
RE: JAMES CAMERON RETURNS TO TERMINATOR - by Q2 - 05-23-2019, 10:18 AM