• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Scalps - The Stranger. A Tom Savini DF of Maniac (1980) and Eyes of a Stranger

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the second Tom Savini double feature after The Burning and The Prowler  (Cropsy and Prowler)

Maniac (1980) will be my all time favorite in the slasher movies
Excellent make-up effects of Tom Savini, the scene in the car (shotgun blast) played and executed by himself is outstanding
I recut that scene with a sound effect but it took me 3 hours before i was satisfied with the end result
This edit is completely different because the murders are now in a different order.
It begins with the massacre of the couple in the car and so on and it has an alternative ending
The Maniac played by the late Joe Spinell is one of the best performances i've seen on the screen
A great soundtrack of Jay Chattaway so a masterpiece in gruesome horror
I cut out completely the part of Caroline Munro because in this edit he is alone and to put it more in what he is:
A sick deranged killer

Eyes of a Stranger (1981) was fantastic
It has something because of the music and the great acting of John Disanti
Savini's effects are very brief, but as a whole is this movie fantastic
One of the first movies of Jennifer Jason leigh 
Her older sister is played by Lauren Tewes (Love Boat) 
I cut out the friend of Tewes in this picture to create a story only between her and the killer 
Well, that's the idea i have in mind

The third and last Savini DF will be Dawn of the dead and Day of the dead
Dawn will be taken from the 4K edition and of course i use the Argento (European) cut with the goblin overdub (later this year)

Next update is when this is done

vS6wpGh.jpg

This edit is done
It's Friday on my blog and the "Maniac/Scalps" cut runs 52 minutes
The (Eyes of a) Stranger cut runs 61 minutes
Like i said the second DF with the effects of Tom Savini 
IFDB release is in February

Fanedit released. Thread moved.

Back
Top Bottom