• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lost in translation fan edit

Dluppers

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LOST IN TRANSLATION DLUPPERS FAN EDIT
resize3Dlostdvdcover-1.jpg

download cover - *dead link*

what kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF,
original film name:lost in translation
new film name :lost in translation dluppers fan edit
edit crew name : Dluppers
Date Original Film Was Released :2003
Date Edit Was Released :17/10/08
Original Runtime :97 min
New Runtime :86 min
Amount of time Cut/Added :12 min cut
:1.30 min added

Cuts removed :
-the introduction scene between kelly(anna faris) and charlotte in the hotel lobby
-kelly and charlotte/with husbanb in hotel bar
-kelly's movie press conference in hotel while charlotte is wondering around
-kelly singing in the bar
-bob playing golf,cut so a deleted scene fitted better
-bob meeting the red haired bar singer and sleeping with her/morning after
-bob and charlotte's dinner after he has slept with the bar singer
-any other mention of bob with the bar singer were cut

scene added :
-the morning after charlotte and bob had the night of karaoke,charlotte rings bob to wake him up and arrange to go for breakfast.

plot:
Bob Harris is an American film actor, far past his prime. He visits Tokyo to appear in commercials, and he meets Charlotte, the young wife of a visiting photographer. Bored and weary, Bob and Charlotte make ideal if improbable traveling companions. Charlotte is looking for "her place in life," and Bob is tolerating a mediocre stateside marriage. Both separately and together, they live the experience of the American in Tokyo. Bob and Charlotte suffer both confusion and hilarity due to the cultural and language differences between themselves and the Japanese. As the relationship between Bob and Charlotte deepens, they come to the realization that their visits to Japan, and one another, must soon end. Or must they?

Your intention for this fanedit:i wanted the film to just be about bob and charlotte and i felt the kelly(anna farris) charactor,just didn't belong and wasn't needed at all.so all mention and sight of the charactor was removed and she isn't missed one bit :),i also removed the bob/bar singer affair,i felt it went against the bob charactor,so it was removed,along with the
ollowing scene with bob and charlotte in the cafe talking about it.Your way to achieve your intention:i removed all unwanted charactor and scenes to keep the focus directly on bob and charlotte

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit):
Additional Comment:
dvd dcrypter
tmpegnc mpg editor
besweet
super converter
adobe premiere pro 2
photoshop cs3
convertxtodvd

DVD:
NTSC 720x480
ac3 5.1 audio

rar 1-3 are missing.

I loved the original film and thought it was one that should not be touched. I already disagree with what you removed, however I will be downloading your edit and checking it out. Your edit might actually work well and if not you will probably be arguing with me for a bit.â€"

tranzor said:
I loved the original film and thought it was one that should not be touched. I already disagree with what you removed, however I will be downloading your edit and checking it out. Your edit might actually work well and if not you will probably be arguing with me for a bit.â€"
i love this film as well,but it is far from perfect,i haven't made this to replace the original, but just to give a more compact story,with less meaningless characters(e.g anna faris )

Back
Top Bottom