• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Chronological Westworld cut remixes 10 hours of awesomeness

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
banner_westworld.jpg

One of 2016’s television hits was HBO’s Westworld. The adventurous 10-part first season was a remake (of sorts) of the 1973 sci-fi western starring Yul Brynner. That film was written and directed by legendary author Michael Crichton and spawned a sequel as well as a short-lived television series in 1980. Though considered a cult-favorite, the original film was probably created too early to fully realize with the appropriate effects. More than thirty years later film technology has advanced enough to bring these sci-fi brain-f@*ks to life. Just have a look at films like I, Robot, Ex Machina, Under the Skin,  Ghost in the Shell, or any of the Terminator movies. We have also been seeing a huge increase in production values for recent television series, so the potential for a new Westworld story was high. The short teaser HBO posted in 2015 didn’t showcase much in the way of effects, but it sure did pique our interest. Have a look:

The show aired this past fall and didn’t disappoint. Without spoiling anything for those who haven’t seen it, Westworld delivered on all counts: effects, casting, acting, cinematography, and of course editing. The story featured quite a few twists, and was presented of course in a non-linear fashion. As the episodes aired, a number of wild fan theories started to emerge on what may be happening, and several podcasts discussed some cool possibilities. One such podcast, Out West: Westworld Fan Theories, Dissected analyzed some of the most far-fetched ideas each week.

To help clear things up, or simply as an exercise in insanity, one of the creators of that podcast put together a chronological fanedit of the show’s first season. You can watch a shortened (some parts are sped-up) version streaming on their blog HERE.

While a chronological cut isn’t an improvement, it definitely makes for an interesting viewing experience. Given the wealth of great material in the series so far, I’m sure we see a fanedit or two in the not too distant future. That will have to hold us over until we get season two sometime in 2018.

FRONT PAGE ARTICLE

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those interested in offline viewing for this like I am, here's how to download it from their blog:

1. Get FFmpeg
2. Go to the unzipped FFmpeg folder, then go into the 'bin' folder and open up a terminal/command prompt. Then type: [font=monospace, monospace]ffmpeg -i "https://oxmwk4hjd.blob.core.windows.net/o8z73h/w.m3u8" westworld_recut.mp4"[/font]

The file is about one gig. I haven't been able to watch it yet but thought I'd share.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JDownloader2 also recognizes the video if you paste the blog URL in the linkgrabber. Or so I am told ;)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
JDownloader2 also recognizes the video if you paste the blog URL in the linkgrabber. Or so I am told ;)

D'oh. That would have been way easier than finding the source of the video. Yeah, do that ^. :)

staminaboy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After doing a Plex poster for Breaking Bad The Movie, I wanted one for this as well in my library. Sharing here for those that are looking for one!

Dx1uZY.jpg

Top Bottom