• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So...I may have accidentally and permanently deleted the original thread...so here's a new one!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol, that deserves a like.

The lesson is to never moderate on a phone. Or to be smarter than me.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Poor "guest user" has 0 threads now.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Might want to post that "oops" montage again, Frink...

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"The Evolution of Christopher Lee" by Jeff Victor.

tumblr_nq2ahpm88V1rq2yc2o1_1280.jpg

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very sad to hear this. He composed (at the very least, though I am sure I am forgetting many, many others) two of my favorite soundtracks, those for The Rocketeer and The Mask of Zorro. RIP.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very sad news. His scores are some of the most memorable of all time.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the new Ian McKellen 'Mr. Holmes' film on Sunday (It's one of the films of year by a long chalk btw) and one of the plot elements centers around an arcane instrument called "The Glass Armonica".

4122592597_545f0d6354.jpg

I googled it when I got back and found out it was used to play Spock's theme in Wrath Of Khan. Heard it hundreds of times but never knew what made those wierd sounds. So naturally, guess who I was listening to when the news came...:-(

Damn Spock and the man soundtracked him gone.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sgp1428 said:
Actor Patrick Macnee, star of The Avengers TV series, has died in California at the age of 93.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33279566

I thought he died about 10 years ago... So I'm at the same time sad at the news and pleased that he lived that long.
Good memories of The Avengers (or "Chapeau melon et bottes de cuir" as it was the title in french! - Melons bowler and leather boots-)

sgp1428

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
I thought he died about 10 years ago... So I'm at the same time sad at the news and pleased that he lived that long.
Good memories of The Avengers (or "Chapeau melon et bottes de cuir" as it was the title in french! - Melons bowler and leather boots-)

I too have good memories of the Avengers. Back in the 60's and 70's here in the UK we only had three TV channels and for me the weekly Avengers episode was always a highlight.......Love the French title.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
Very sad to hear this. He composed (at the very least, though I am sure I am forgetting many, many others) two of my favorite soundtracks, those for The Rocketeer and The Mask of Zorro. RIP.

There are so many (for me personally) I can't even begin to describe how saddened I was by this news :'(

• Troy (granted Gabriel Yared's rejected score is superior, but still!)
  • Battle Beyond the Stars
  • Commando (you love it, admit it!)
  • Aliens
  • Glory
  • The Rocketeer
  • The Land Before Time
  • Willow
  • The Missing
  • The Perfect Storm
  • The Spitfire Grill
  • Legends of the Fall
  • Apollo 13
  • The Mask of Zorro
  • The Legend of Zorro
  • A Beautiful Mind
  • The New World
  • Star Trek II
  • Star Trek III
  • Titanic
  • The Amazing Spider-Man
  • Braveheart
  • Le Dernier Loup (Wolf Totem)

The world has lost one of the best contemporary composers and it's heartbreaking to think that we've heard the last of him :( I'm convinced that Southpaw will be another fantastic addition to his resumé.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Top Bottom