• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

McCAIN vs OBAMA: It's President Barack Obama!

Who do you want as the next US President.

• Barack Obama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John McCain

Votes: 23 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well why not?
lets have our own election and everyone from around the world can vote.

mccainvsobamalg2.gif

The Voting will end the day before the actual election.
We will tabulate the votes, make sure there are no shards sticking to the vote cards and announce our winner.
And then we will find out who voted for McCain and run them out of town!

letfreedomringjs1.jpg

Great way to start! You have not voted!

I'm English, so don't ask me...they are all the same anyway.

Well, I hate both of them, but after all the attack ads and phone calls that McCain's group has been doing (no lie - 9 phone calls from the McCain campagn in ONE DAY... :twisted: ), plus my complete and utter distrust of Sarah Palin....

Well, Obama is currently getting my vote.

hmmmm... although the choice is easy, I am rather sure that Obama as president will be the bigger disappointment. From McCain I will get exactly what I think: more Bush. Not that I would like that at all, but I'd rather spare me the disappointment. There is just too much hope and expectation on Obama's shoulders, so people almost forget: don't trust him, he is a politician.

boon23 said:
hmmmm... although the choice is easy, I am rather sure that Obama as president will be the bigger disappointment. From McCain I will get exactly what I think: more Bush. Not that I would like that at all, but I'd rather spare me the disappointment. There is just too much hope and expectation on Obama's shoulders, so people almost forget: don't trust him, he is a politician.
Oh boon... when did you become so jaded?
was it when you realised there was no St Nicholas?
can't we all just get along?
If it ain't Barack, don't fix it. :D
At least you're better than those poofters that wouldn't vote 'cause "they're all the same"
GObama!

Ok KillBillMe you have forced my hand.

I think the next president should be Mel Gibson.....yes thats right.......Mel Gibson with lots of blue make-up and shouting "FREEEEEEEDOM!" a lot.

Well being English & therefore inherently distrustful of all politicians I must say I'm not particularly impressed with either of them. Obviously the coverage of the election race isn't as in depth here as in the USA (thank god) so I can't give a fully informed opinion, but from what I've seen of both men neither really seem to have any answers to the problems facing the USA & the world in general.

McCain just seems to be saying he's different to Bush but from what I can tell his policies are just the same. Also, the guy is kinda frail & he looks like he could pop his glogs at any second. I mean the shock of becoming President could be enough to finish him off :lol: & then we'd have President Palin, NO THANK YOU :eek: . I mean with Palin I probably "would" but that doesn't mean I think she should become President.

The issue I have with Obama is that in the UK we had 10 years of Tony Blair. Blair in 1997 was coming out with all these sound bites & promises like being "Purer then pure". But, he turned out to be the most disappointing, lying, underhanded & corrupt Prime Minister the country has ever had. So when I see Obama coming up with stuff like "We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek" & see him trying to be like JFK in Germany before he's even won the election, it kinda rings alarm bells in my head.

What I want from a politician is someone who can pin point a country's problems, have well thought out solutions to these problems & tell me the kind of society they want to create as a result of these solutions. And I want all this to be presented clearly & honestly.

Neither McCain or Obama have done that (from what I've seen). Still, my vote would go to Obama.

Yes, McCain will pop his clogs and then a batshit insane militant gun-freak fundie who can see Russia from her house will be president.

xleb1k.jpg

(yes, this is a real picture)

its a real picture but not a real picture of palin, thats a picture of a palin impersonator that was on the news about 2 weeks ago

3 years ago i gladly would have voted for Mccain, yes im a demicrat but 3 years ago he really was different from bush, he was all the things he is saying he is, WAS...

the last 3 years has seen him become a shell of his former self in an attempt to help him win the republican nomination..

my vote goes to obama, but truthfully there is nothing he can really do about the economy, the 750 billion dollar bailout will not help regular people because banks will do what they always do.. Keep it...

my only hope is to be ablke to ride out the economic woes this country is about to see, because honestly this is only the beginning

well for me, it's more like "who do I want to see in the news for the next 8 years?"
McCain is pretty scary looking. Palin is cute but who the hell is she?
GObama is nice looking and sounds intelligent.
answers to the problems of the world? c'mon. for starters... they're POLITICIANS.
a step up from child-molesters. (thanks Woody)
As JFK redux, Bidon is LBJ.
I just hope GObama is wearing his bullet-proof underwear.

well...... I do not vote at all and IMO it is far better than to vote because someone looks nice and sounds intelligent.

voodl said:
well...... I do not vote at all and IMO it is far better than to vote because someone looks nice and sounds intelligent.

u deeserve a nice hard slapping.. I also will not be voteing, but my reason is because im a democrat and democrafts always win in my states :-D why bother getting out of bed?

I dont vote because I dont believe in democracy. It is just illusion of power. Like kbm said.......problems wont be solved anyway. It is only circus with clowns.

voodl are you saying you don't believe in the concept of Democracy? Or that you don't believe in the voting because of the sorry state Democracy is currently in.

voodl are you saying you don't believe in the concept of Democracy?
yes

Or that you don't believe in the voting because of the sorry state Democracy is currently in.

... in the long term democracy turns in farce and crawling dictatorship. Did you forget history? Germany in '20-'30?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom