• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Broad Strokes Productions

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not much of a Harry Potter book fan, but I've liked a few of the movies. About two years ago I found a fanfilm called The Greater Good which is "set almost a hundred years before "The Sorcerers Stone", it is the end of a friendship, the beginnings of the dark wizard Grindelwald, and the tragedy that left the Dumbledore family in ruins." They recently released another HP fan film Severus Snape and the Marauders. It is "Set in 1978 just after Harry Potter's father James graduates from Hogwarts, he and his friends Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew celebrate at a bar, contemplating their place in a war they are to soon become a part of. When Severus Snape enters the same bar, knowing the part he might play in the war, James Potter decides to do something about Snape once and for all."

As far as fan films go, I thought these two were pretty spectacular, especially Severus Snape and the Marauders". They manage to enhance the official releases and do a pretty decent job at looking professional. The acting, as far as fan films goes, is pretty top notch. The wardrobe design is spot on as are the casting choices. The actors definitely studied their characters and based them off of the official releases even down to the way they wave their wands (watch Sirius doing his upward twist). While the sfx are still pretty rudimentary for the most part, the biggest spells look pretty spectacular. If you haven't seen these and are a Harry Potter fan, do yourself a favor and enjoy these fan film jems.

The Greater Good

Severus Snape and the Marauders

Top Bottom