• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Dredd: Digest Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dredd: Digest Edition:

As a Judge Dredd fan, I wanted the 2012 film to succeed. Karl Urban is very well cast. The story gives us great insight into living IN Mega City One, as opposed to ruling OVER it in Stallone's action comedy. But for me there wasn't enough to fill an entire movie. Imagine my delight when I found Rogue-Thex's 34-minute edit! It paces better than the original movie, and fits great with the original comics where most storylines were short and stand-alone.
If the 1995 movie reminds me of Wagner (high-gloss, clean, overt humor), the 2012 movie reminds me of McMahon (gritty, dirty, angry). I would love to see Urban in a sequel, using Bolland as reference (authoritarian, unyielding, beyond us mere mortals).
My one criticism of the edit is Anderson's jarring re-appearance (as also noted by others).
My only regret from this fanedit is that it's over so quickly. It's the right length for the material, I just wish there was more material.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/dredd-digest-edition/discussions/9170/

Top Bottom