• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

BLADE RUNNER 2049

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw this on the big screen in it's original form (Ford's narration, happy ending, no 'unicorn' except the origami one!), and never imagined that there would ever be a sequel to it one day - especially one which would feature Ford's character again.  Yet here it is, and I'm keen to see how it turns out...despite Ryan Gosling getting the lead role :p  -

One of the best things about BLADE RUNNER was it's score by Vangelis of course, and I'll be interested to hear what Johann Johannsson comes up with for this.

However, I happen to dislike Ridley's altered colour-grading for his 'Final Cut' version, compared to the more 'naturalistic' colours of the original...but judging by the now familiar 'modern' grading seen in the sequel's trailer above, I guess it should tie-in quite well with the more 'stylized' colour which Ridley ended up doing.  Here's a trailer featuring the 'Final Cut' grading for comparison -

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's very difficult to tell if the movie can be good or not from this teaser, but at least the feel of the original is there so for now I'm super  happy.
(What about Ridley scott's giant big heads fetishism though? ;)  )

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, kind of off topic but… 7 versions of Blade Runner out there: which should I watch guys?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
Ok, kind of off topic but… 7 versions of Blade Runner out there: which should I watch guys?

None of them... for different reasons, or all of them... for different reasons.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:

The Final Cut or the "Director's" Cut. Most viewers probably won't know or be able to tell the difference between the two*.

*If you disagree, then you're probably not "most viewers" in this case.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know there are some differences,but wouldn’t be able to tell you which except for the blue tint and the renewed effects.  And the full “unicorn sequence”, which I don’t know anything about, really haha.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blade runner is a god damn masterpiece.
One of the best works of Scott and i am very curious to see this sequel

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I ain't holding my breath.
Is Scott actually involved?
Who's penning the script?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
maniac said:
Blade runner is a god damn masterpiece.
One of the best works of Scott and i am very curious to see this sequel

Ever thought about doing a triple feature with Philip K Dick stories? Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report. Replicants become mutants become precogs. 

I agree Blade Runner is brilliant, I think Ridley Scott has grown into a tendency to overdo things as he's gotten older, and when he made this film he was young enough that he didn't have that habit yet. I'm actually kind of glad he's not directing the new one, but I'm only cautiously optimistic because the trailer looked good to me.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it would be better to wait for this sequel to see if it's possible to do one story of this with the original
It's thirty years later and Ford is also present in this so I THINK this could be a great fan edit
But i have to see it first to really know if it works.

Scott is for me personally one of the greatest directors of this planet
Alien, Blade Runner and Prometheus are one by one masterpieces 
You must see these movies in the theater because that is the only way to see how (visually) perfect it is
To see it BIG i mean
He is 79 now, and i have great respect that he is still busy

I hope this sequel has the same level as the original

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alien and Blade Runner are amazing, yes, but Prometheus is a giant turd. Ridley hasn't been reliably good in a very long time. I'm happy that he isn't directing this film. 

The visuals so far to me look very much as I would imagine Dick's world. This story needs to be damn good to be able to stand alongside the original. I'm mostly worried about:

how they handle Deckard's character and the ambiguity over what he is

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Calling Prometheus a big turd is a little overreacted don't you think?
The visual style of Scott in this movie is outstanding
Great visual effects but the story is not on that level of Alien or Blade Runner, yeah i know that.

About that sequel of Blade runner well, we have to wait and see if this is on the same level as the original
I have my doubts, trailer looks good, but i have seen very good trailers of movies and when you saw the final project it was a disappointment
There are not many sequels better than the original, one exception is Terminator 2 judgment Day 
Because of that i did make the Judgment day edit of both Terminators to create an action rollercoaster cut

So i hope with this sequel when the Blu-ray is coming out and if it's good to create an SF edit in one story

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maniac said:
Calling Prometheus a big turd is a little overreacted don't you think?
The visual style of Scott in this movie is outstanding
Great visual effects but the story is not on that level of Alien or Blade Runner, yeah i know that.

Not overreacting. I was actually angry watching Prometheus. It was terrible. Yes, it looked beautiful, but that doesn't make up for the ludicrous script.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't believe I'm agreeing with maniac and disagreeing with Throw, but I rather enjoy Prometheus.

And I don't think Blade Runner is boring, but at the same time I think it's massively overrated.  I think it's fine but not nearly as great as most people seem to think.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loaded Prometheus a few weeks ago.
The Agent9 edit, and I have three of them.
Not a single one would play - damnit.
My BluRay is erratic and refuses to cooperate at times.
Anyway, I loaded the Ridley Scott version which played fine.
I sat there, nitpicking the whole time.
There was a great film in there, but Scott marred it with comic relief, innuendo, and a 'more is worse' technique.
Prometheus edits are terrific films.

Top Bottom