• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Little Hobbit, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Little Hobbit, The:

I'm sincere, I do not think the Hobbit movies are bad movies, they are quite repetitive and they have very mediocre scenes, but in general they are decent movies (although they are not at the LOTR level).

What I call the attention of this edition was its duration: 3 movies in 170 minutes ?, Surprisingly I think not much has been lost, many transitions are quite intelligent, the movie has a constant rhythm and at the same time the scenes take their time . Not only that but he has removed almost all of the subplot of Laketown, Tauriel, Alfrid, Radagast and most of the Orcs. Being honest he feels quite close to what could have been The Hobbit adapted to film (being a faithful adaptation) . Most of the movie is only the best scenes of the movies, so you do not have to wait until the boring policy of Laketown ends or a long battle with the goblins. I think that the rhythm of the movie is exactly the one that should have been given to The Hobbit Movie (as a single movie, of course)

Unfortunately, not everything is perfect, personally I think that although most of the transactions worked, there were some that did not work for me.

"We had two dwarves at first to have the house full of dwarves and Gandalf in the house, I think we should keep the discussion between Gandalf and Bilbo that his house is full of dwarfs."

-I did not like the removal of the prologue, it gives a clearer context about the trip, but it is my opinion.

-Kili goes to look for Bilbo and out of nowhere they caught everyone

"The dwarves fall covered with cobwebs and out of nowhere are they standing and clean

- When the statue falls, Bilbo says they are crazy and should avoid war, when there has been no mention of it, if you are going to cut the scene where Bardo and Thorin speak, you should eliminate all references.

"This is not a mistake, but I think we should not eliminate Bilbo by revealing to Thorin that he gave the Ark stone, so the final scene when they speak has more meaning, but it's a personal idea, nothing more.

But apart from that, it's a good edition, it lasts what should last, and is the closest edition to what would happen if it were made a movie of the solitary Hobbit. Although I personally like the original films, this is a good alternative way to see it, if you did not like the originals.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/the-little-hobbit/discussions/9164/

Top Bottom