• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ghostbusters III:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ghostbusters III:

I'm going to be honest here, and say I have been pretty neutral on the whole GB remake storm on the internet. I saw the trailer, snickered a bit at one or two jokes and thought nothing much else of it. So going into this edit I didn't have much to go on, since I never even saw the theatrical release, but with all of that said I really found a great deal of enjoyment here! A good sense of pacing and flow is to be found, no noticeable cuts at all to things like improv gags or even axing Bill Murray's cameo. Changes to the music were of course good choices and had a clean execution to them, adding a sense that we are watching a new GB movie with a fun atmosphere about it. Using the extended cut was a smart move, in adding a bit more to character like the added scene between Erin and Abby at the university. Are there still problems that exist with the script/story? Most likely, but there's only so much you can do with the tools at your disposal. Is there anything cringe worthy left in this cut? One or two small things, like Abby/Erin's dancing ghost presentation (but again not a deal breaker). This, IMO is a very suitable replacement for anyone who felt the original cut was a slap in the face, or heck even if you liked the theatrical version. Definitely recommended!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/ghostbusters-iii/discussions/9159/

Top Bottom