• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Han Solo: A Smuggler's Trade - A Star Wars FanFilm

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember seeing a random trailer for a Han Solo fan film featuring Jamie Costa some time ago. Well now it has arrived. This guy does a pretty good at job channeling Harrison Ford (see Age of Adeline). It's pretty cheesy, but I  thought you all would enjoy this :) 

Trailer 

FanFilm

szopman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
He's not the one who was playing young H. Ford in "Age of Adeline" (that guy was Anthony Ingruber ;p).
But anyway, the fan film is quiet good, one of the best SW fan films in my opinion. J. Costa does really good work, as Han Solo. In some shots he looks really, really similar to young Ford.
I'd like to see more good SW fan films like this one, or "Maul - Apprentice" in the future :)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anthony Ingruber is the guy from Age of Adaline (and he's great, and the movie is good too). This is a different guy.

Edit: Szopman came in for the kill. I'm hit! Daaaawwwww!!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oops.  Sorry for my error. Suppose I inadvertently created click bait ;)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This fan film is simply the best SW fan film I saw.
It keeps it simple but everything feels SW. And the actor (who I knew from some youtube videos) does a great job.

katie75

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im quite impressed by this fanfilm, the producton design & costuming is done well, as is the sets & locations just spot on too. The actor playing Solo was an inspired choice, not many people can tackle a role this iconic & do this well with it. But the wow factor with me is Chewbacca. They really brought their A game when it came to having a wookie in this film. This is seriously the best & only spot on wookie costume Ive ever seen in a SW fanfilm!

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was really quite good. Looked very much like a Star Wars movie and had a decent little story. My only problem, and it's a minor gripe at best, is that the tone and the writing of Han Solo seemed more in keeping with Indiana Jones than it did Star Wars.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hm... not bad, but the pacing was a bit lax. Too many punches in that first brawl; too many pauses during the confrontation. As a young Lucas once said, "faster, and more intense!" ;)

Top Bottom