• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time trilogy

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't remember seeing anyone posting about Prince of Persia, so I took the opportunity to begin a thread about the subject. Over the years people have said their favorite games are Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy VII, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, maybe Silent Hill or Resident Evil, Ninja Gaiden, etc.  My favorite games of all times are the trilogy of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.  For me it's very special and makes me feel really nostalgic.  Even when I played the original Prince of Persia, the Sands of Time trilogy is the one that stayed with me since I was in my teen years.   

For years, I always wanted to dedicate the trilogy some kind of "love letter" with some video, but I did not have the time, the experience and maturity to do it, so three months ago, I began working on a project that I released on October that I called "Prince of Persia: A tribute to the Sands of Time".  It's a film I edited, produced, wrote and narrated about the history of Prince of Persia through ages, but making emphasys on the Sands of Time trilogy and my passion on those games.  I wanted to share it with you guys, as you have seen my fan edits over here, but never an original movie of my own.  It's in Spanish, but you can turn on the subtitles in english, which I myself translated, wrote and synced for my film. It took me two months to produce this movie.  I hope you all like it as much as I enjoyed producing it :D

A112

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Look nice,

This counts as fanedit?

Documentary/Review

This particular form of fanedit creates a movie that does exactly as the name implies, documents a particular topic (quite typically a movie) or provides a review of a movie. Both incorporate movie footage and voice-over work that speaks to the events happening on-screen. The intent of these particular edits is not to create a fictional story, but rather inform, illuminate, or otherwise make comment on or about a particular movie, or set of movies.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A112 said:
Look nice,

This counts as fanedit?

Documentary/Review

This particular form of fanedit creates a movie that does exactly as the name implies, documents a particular topic (quite typically a movie) or provides a review of a movie. Both incorporate movie footage and voice-over work that speaks to the events happening on-screen. The intent of these particular edits is not to create a fictional story, but rather inform, illuminate, or otherwise make comment on or about a particular movie, or set of movies.

Now that you mention it, I had plans to submit it here in Fanedit.org, but administrators gave me red light this time. It may be probably because it's about a videogame.  A pity.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
samspider3 said:
Now that you mention it, I had plans to submit it here in Fanedit.org, but administrators gave me red light this time. It may be probably because it's about a videogame.  A pity.

I used the advanced search, searched the entire forum for posts that contain the words "Prince of Persia" by the user samspider3 and found only one post where you use that phrase, which is the first post of this thread. So where did you speak with admins about it? Was it in PM?

I see no evidence of a conversation about this project or a "red light" (Rooooooooooxanne...). Let me know if I'm overlooking it somehow, maybe someone can take a closer look at it.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
samspider3 said:

I used the advanced search, searched the entire forum for posts that contain the words "Prince of Persia" by the user samspider3 and found only one post where you use that phrase, which is the first post of this thread. So where did you speak with admins about it? Was it in PM?

I see no evidence of a conversation about this project or a "red light" (Rooooooooooxanne...). Let me know if I'm overlooking it somehow, maybe someone can take a closer look at it.

It was actually by PM.  I made a small consult to one of the administrators, who at the same time consulted the other academy members, and they told me I could not submit it, but that I was able to post it on the "Games" where there would not be any problem.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
samspider3 said:
It was actually by PM.  I made a small consult to one of the administrators, who at the same time consulted the other academy members, and they told me I could not submit it, but that I was able to post it on the "Games" where there would not be any problem.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking into it further now. I don't want to challenge other staff members' decisions but will hopefully be able to provide some clarification about them.

skyled

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sands of Time and the Two Thrones were fantastic. Warrior Within was still fun, but it was really a lesser game on every level. I have Forgotten Sands but I haven't played it yet.

It's really a shame that the live action movie was so lackluster. The games have a great story and some of the dialogue is very funny. You feel some of the wit and charm in the movie but overall it fell short.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm old. The only Prince of Persia I know of is the one from 1989.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Sands of Time and the Two Thrones were fantastic. Warrior Within was still fun, but it was really a lesser game on every level. I have Forgotten Sands but I haven't played it yet.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]It's really a shame that the live action movie was so lackluster. The games have a great story and some of the dialogue is very funny. You feel some of the wit and charm in the movie but overall it fell short.[/font]

Sands of Time was the game that revolutioned the franchise in every sense.  Now Warrior Within in my opinion it's almost what The Empire Strikes Back did to Star Wars.  It was backlashed back in the day for the different direction, but in levels of gameplay it's superior to the Sands of Time.  I believe the game was very bold with this new approach.  However, it was less polished, and because of that I find it a slighly inferior sequel to the first game, which is the best of the trilogy.  The Two Thrones was a less innovative game, but the story made up everything else.  The tone is more balanced, and that's the reason people like more this one than Warrior Within.  I would not be surprised if you are of this group, but it's perfectly respectable ;) .  Regarding the Forgotten Sands, I was not really engaged.  The story and gameplay were less involving despite the amazing visuals.  The movie was ok, it has the spirit of the Sands of Time game.  It's just it did not have a great impact and it was not as charming as the videogame, which made it really forgettable.  I liked the easter eggs, though.  I know the film was really important for Jordan Mechner, the creator, because he was involved in the production of the film, mainly in the screenwriting part, and it's understandable because it was like a jump for him to big movies after developing videogames.  But the film could have been better, although it's decent.

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]I'm old. The only Prince of Persia I know of is the one from 1989.[/font] 

You have missed some great games, then.  Especially the Sands of Time.  The original Prince of Persia was legendary, but the Sands of Time was a huge step forward in it's evolution of the 3D era.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, btw guys, although the games have more than 10 years, my movie is free of spoilers in case some have not played the Sands of Time trilogy and may have intentions to experience them.  If you played the games, you might notice some things about the story were ignored or expressed in a different way in my film.  It's because I'm avoiding spoilers :)

vincent007

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Prince of persia this game is just lost where every time AC or assassins Creed just launches their new version of games. though i play POP's all the part. And this review is really good.

...​

Top Bottom