• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man Homecoming

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I guess it's officially time to start a thread....

INTERNATIONAL TRAILER:
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPUASeS6qc0[/video]
(this one is very formula and left me worried)

DOMESTIC TRAILER:
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzXIaTt99U[/video]
(this one is freaking AWESOME SAUCE!!!)

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thiiiiis sounds better than anything I have seen from Marvel so far.  Plus, the fact they're collaborating with Sony (which isn't a guarantee) and that they are obliged to keep it up from past Spider-Man means they need to raise the bar and that has me very much interested in the film.  Let's go for it!

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
Thiiiiis sounds better than anything I have seen from Marvel so far.  Plus, the fact they're collaborating with Sony (which isn't a guarantee) and that they are obliged to keep it up from past Spider-Man means they need to raise the bar and that has me very much interested in the film.  Let's go for it!

Marvel has full creative control, they're just splitting profit/production credit with Sony. I'm glad Sony execs are not involved with this at all, personally.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like it could be fun. It's good that they seem to have cast actors that look the right kinda age. I find highschool movies with actors in their early-30s to be quite distracting (Which is most of them). Hopefully it'll be keeping the origins-story structure pretty light, so we can jump straight into the Spidey-action.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you @"thecuddlyninja" for correcting me there. Nonetheless, I hope we don’t get another generic Marvel film (uh-ehm… Strange… uh-uhm… Avengers…). Put the blame on me.  I didn’t like either…

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
Thank you @"thecuddlyninja" for correcting me there. Nonetheless, I hope we don’t get another generic Marvel film (uh-ehm… Strange… uh-uhm… Avengers…). Put the blame on me.  I didn’t like either…

It's all good - different strokes for different folks and all that. :)

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Consider me sold, even if it's only for Michael Keaton channeling Bat-Burton/Owlman and for that
boat sequence in the trailer. Looks like they want to try and outdo the first two Raimi movies...and I'd like to see them try.
Sidebar, think we can do a mashup of the Burton Batman movies, Birdman, and this movie to show Michael Keaton's descent from hero to villain, with an in-between period of trying to profit off his hero career? ;)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks very fun. CGI still looks dodgy, but not as bad as Civil War's. I'm sure they'll update it until the movie comes out in July.

Vulture seems like he'll be another generic Marvel villain. Some things never change, I guess.

But yeah, other than my doubts that I have for the characters' portrayal, this looks like a great time at the theater. Looking forward to it.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks decent enough...time will tell if Spidey being in the MCU is a good thing or not. There are some things about it I'll forever find problematic because I'm more of a conventional fan and don't like any of the changes to the character since 2006 onwards, but I'm not holding any of it against the movie so far until it's out.

I'm not a big fan of the Marvel  movies...only about five of them have ever worked for me, and my opinions flip-flop on which ones they are on occasional re viewings.

A Sled in Flames

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure about him having a best friend who knows his secret identity. Kinda misses the point of Spider-Man being more of a lone wolf. I wonder, though, when they'll throw Black Cat into the mix. Six movies on, and we still haven't gotten a hint, save for Felicity Jones playing Felicia Hardy in that last Amazing movie.

In any case, I'm mildly resigned to the fact that the Raimi movies will be the classic, 60s-esque Spider-Man with whom I'm most familiar, and this is something more modernized (younger aunt, integration with Avengers, etc.).

Top Bottom