• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Problems with Lagarith encode HELP!!!

JPHFanEdits

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First time poster here. I have successfully finished my first edit! But alas, I am having some trouble exporting/encoding it to AVI using Lagarith. See, I have been using kk650's color corrected version of Attack of the Clones as my edit source. (Saves me from having to color correct it myself) the original source file was an MKV which I ran through VirtualDubMod using Lagarith. The result was near perfect if not completely perfect. Once I finished my edits in Premiere I then proceeded to export using Lagarith, but the result looks like it has a huge loss in quality. The edges of letters are jagged and look awful. I did find a work around that I was happy with, but it meant exporting as a h.264 MOV file. I am currently working on a new crawl for my edit using blender. I thought maybe it was just a problem with Premiere, but when I run the rendered file, be it h.264 AVI, h.264 MOV, or PNG sequence, through VirtualDub using Lagarith, I still get a poor quality/jagged edged video that I cannot use in my edit. I feel like I have tried everything. I read a forum post here where someone was having a similar problem, but I don't know if there was a solution that I can replicate. I currently am not able to post any example videos or pictures right now, but I will be sure to do so tomorrow. Any ideas would be much appreciated until then though.

Top Bottom