• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Logan - Official Trailer (2017)

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, finally the first official trailer for “Logan” has dropped today and what can we say…?  I thought it looked amazing, and I was glad to see the same director and a very good cinematography continue the style used in “The Wolverine”.  
Most importantly, though, I think we should remember this will be Hugh Jackman’s final performance as Logan/Wolverine, and I personally am looking forward to see the film tie together or continue off many of the thematics from the first two X-Men films, which also explored Logan’s character very deeply, surely better than the first Wolverine spin-off film and to a lesser extent probably better than “The Wolverine”.  I also feel the R-rating is adequate to what seems to be a very gritty, western type of film.  I also like the choice they made with the young girl’s character, whose relationship with the protagonist could be really heartwrenching and touching if explored well.  It is nice to see Sir Patrick Stewart in there as well as a primary character, and the father-son relationship between him and Logan explored in other films as well may come to its deserved conclusion in this film.
But these are only my two cents, so… let’s discuss the first official trailer to “Logan”.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: OFFICIAL TRAILER #2 HAS DROPPED.  

Three months later and here we are with another beautiful trailer.  This looks wonderful.  Who's going to rewatch "X-Men" and "X-Men 2" to prepare for this?  I have a feeling they will be connected, somehow... ::)

Here is the Green Band version of TRAILER 2.  RED BAND ON PAGE 2.

ENJOY!

Damn, I was hoping this'd be about a Logan's Run movie :(

Wow. Looks fascinating. Like a post-apocalyptic Western.

dangermouse said:
Wow. Looks fascinating. Like a post-apocalyptic Western.

I agree.  Here where I am a newspaper/film site commented on the trailer noting how it "doesn't even look like a comic book film!" which isn't really a smart comment, but nonetheless made me think on the tone.  I hope it will be as deep as it looks!

It's difficult to tell if I liked it because it looked really good, or because I'm just disposed to like any footage cut to Johnny Cash.  All the stuff between Jackman, Stewart and the girl looks very interesting... the other mutants less so. "Old Man Logan" was a better title IMO.

So much for the happy future of DofP, then, huh?

I'm very skeptical about this movie. The Wolverine was a decent watch once, but I don't see myself ever revisiting it (the one time I tried, I got hopelessly bored halfway through). It too appeared to have style at first, but instead of fulfilling its promise (i.e., being set in the 70s, like the comic), it's merely modern and bland in execution. I fear a similar effect here, where the nominal aesthetic is grungy, but instead of actually committing to that (washed-out, grainy cinematography), we'll end up with a typically generic Mangold flick.

Also, will people care about the exploits of the '90s X-Men in the next young'uns movie if everyone disbands/dies off-screen between DoFP and this? Or will Patrick have some throwaway line about how Apocalypse disrupted/split up the timeline, and they're in a non-continuity one-off here?

I don’t know why, but I feel that that hypothesis about the one-off cue here feels the most probable, @Zarius.  I don’t know why, as the film feels, to me personally, so much a sequel to the first two X films.  Anywho, we’ll see how it all goes… hopefully for the best.

Gaith said:
So much for the happy future of DofP, then, huh?

That's twice in a row for Wolverine in particular.  I love this series, but they have a nasty habit of doing rapid about-faces on plot threads between movies.  Looks great, though.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0rEv21Ssuw[/video]

With all the promo photos for the film (thus far) having been black and white, I wanted to convert the trailer to see how it looked. I think it came out pretty damn good.

Aztek463 said:
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0rEv21Ssuw[/video]

With all the promo photos for the film (thus far) having been black and white, I wanted to convert the trailer to see how it looked. I think it came out pretty damn good.

Looks solid.  I expect a Black and Chrome fanedit when possible.

That's the plan, unless an official one comes first of course!

matrixgrindhouse said:
Aztek463 said:

latest

ThrowgnCpr said:
matrixgrindhouse said:
Aztek463 said:

latest

Wait, no.  Black and Adamantium,

Three months and here we are again: the second official trailer for "LOGAN" has dropped, and anticipation can't but rise.  It is wonderful.  A true WOLVERINE and LOGAN story, it seems.  

This is the Red Band version of the trailer.  

Enjoy, and share what you think!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First post updated.

"She's eleven, I'm f*cking 90" :D

Looks good.

"Maybe a quarter of it happened, but not like this."

Days of Future Past's effects on the events of the previous movies in a nutshell?

Looks so badass. But I'm still annoyed how they made a dystopian story again after the masterful accomplishment of DoFP because then it feels like Days of Future Past was pointless. They could address it with a war being inevitable like Hank said in DoFP, relating to the theory in quantum physics. If it's an important part and not glossed over, I may overlook it.

This does look very good but that latest trailer spoiled a little too much than I'd have liked. One of those, I wish I could un-watch that situations :D . So be warned.

Back
Top Bottom