If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Music Sets the Mood
had this playing in my head while watching these yesterday so I had to try it out.
little bit of refn, little bit of schifrin, and you get dirty drive Smile

the usual pass
  Completed      ITW
Another great article, thecuddlyninja! I'm really enjoying these pieces examining the nuts & bolts of fanediting, so I hope we'll see a lot more of them Smile
Currently underway: Aberrant  - A Disturbing Behaviour double feature |
Planning/in preparation: Scott Pilgrim Vs The World - 11 Evil Exes Edition v2 | The Shadow Over Innsmouth (Dagon) v2| Eurotrip: The Long Way Round v2
Completed: IFDB Listing | Ideas thread
A very well constructed article ninja. Kudos.

I've long thought that 'Drive' and 'Days of Thunder' had some interesting parallels. Perhaps one day I'll make that Tom Cruise 'Drive' prequel fanedit I've always dreamed of Big Grin . So here is that scene rescored with the greatest car-movie soundtrack ever! (By Han Zimmer. Track is called 'The Last Race')...

(Password: fanedit.org)

It doesn't quite sync at the very end but with some audio editing it could. I guess this lends the scene a totally inappropriate (Given the tone of the rest of the movie) cool-action-hero-movie feel.
Thanks, guys! I'm glad some folks made their own versions, I included the original version hoping that would be the case

(10-07-2016, 01:31 PM)Plissken1138 Wrote: had this playing in my head while watching these yesterday so I had to try it out.
little bit of refn, little bit of schifrin, and you get dirty drive Smile

the usual pass

I dig dirty Drive. It makes the scene much slicker and I think it especially works when the cars are love tapping each other, and after the crash.

(10-07-2016, 04:32 PM)TM2YC Wrote: A very well constructed article ninja. Kudos.

I've long thought that 'Drive' and 'Days of Thunder' had some interesting parallels. Perhaps one day I'll make that Tom Cruise 'Drive' prequel fanedit I've always dreamed of Big Grin . So here is that scene rescored with the greatest car-movie soundtrack ever! (By Han Zimmer. Track is called 'The Last Race')...

(Password: fanedit.org)

It doesn't quite sync at the very end but with some audio editing it could. I guess this lends the scene a totally inappropriate (Given the tone of the rest of the movie) cool-action-hero-movie feel.

Embarrassingly, I've never seen Days of Thunder. I know, I know. Though you have certainly piqued my curiosity. I really like that track. It works really well, I think. It gets hot and heavy when the car gets moving, and the breakdown that plays during the turn is perfect. When it picks up at the end when he spins the car is great. I'd like to see both of these movies in full!