• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Matcha To Bon Odori (Green Tea and the Spirit Dance):

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Matcha To Bon Odori (Green Tea and the Spirit Dance):

What a lovely short edit! The conversion to B&W along with the reframing really compliment the beautiful short film focusing on love (romantic, and family). TM2YC has a done a great job here, and it was nice to see something a little different done with the material instead of just truncating the source to ~15 minutes.

I watched streaming in HD on Vimeo, and there was some macroblocking to the picture. Whether that is a result of the editor or Vimeo's re-encoding I can't say, but I docked a couple points Also, the B&W was a bit too dark in some scenes, but overall convincing. The technical editing for both audio and video was top notch. Like that-one-guy noted in his review, the end edit felt abrupt, but I agree it was a stylistic choice.

Thanks TM2YC, this one pulled on the heartstrings a bit!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/matcha-to-bon-odori-green-tea-and-the-spirit-dance/discussions/9050/

Back
Top Bottom