• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dream:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dream:

This is a nice truncated version of Requiem for a Dream. It's been a while since I've seen the original movie - while it is a beautiful and brilliant film, it's also a bit depressing and too disturbing for revisiting. With that in mind, I couldn't tell exactly what was edited together by the original filmmakers or by Adabisi. On the plus side: the re-editing was rather seamless, so kudos! The down-side is that I'm not exactly sure which of the brilliant sequences I can attribute to Adabisi, as I know he had a hand in at least some of them. There was some really cool editing on display here.

I also watched this streaming on Vimeo and had the same experience as TMBTM. The video is choppy. Not enough to be too distracting, but it's noticeable. Whether that is the fault of the editor or the re-encode for Vimeo, I can't say, but I docked a few points from the category. Otherwise, the A/V quality is good.

Narratively, I have some mixed feelings. The editor does a great job of telling this story in just 15 minutes, but there are some major tonal shifts, especially in the first half of the edit that feel odd. One moment it is sappy, the next energetic and happy, then tense, followed by sullen. That can work in a feature film, but it creates an identity problem in such a short sequence.

Overall a nice contribution to a cool project.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/dream/discussions/9048/

Back
Top Bottom