• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

A David Cronenberg trilogy: a fanedit of Shivers, Rabid and The Brood.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is my first 3 in one edit.

A follow-up of the DF Visions and Brundle-fly (Dead zone and The Fly) of director David Cronenberg
Well, this is all 70's horror.
All in the time that Cronenberg was busy with this stuff

Well, i put all the story's in a running time of 60 minutes or even shorter

Alternative titles:

Parasite

Virus

Psychoplasmics

Shivers was for me (back in that time) fantastic
Rabid was for me not so good as Shivers, but a nice horror movie after all
The Brood was a masterpiece, the horror scenes are great with the misformed children
Oliver Reed is really great in this picture
From tomorrow i work on this cut, cuts are coming up.

T4vhKL4.jpg

Last week i saw Creepshow again of Romero and the idea come to my mind to do exactly the same style with this edit
I mean all the actors in one credit, then the 3 story's and of course the end credits
To cut it like that you have a real "Creepshow" of the Cronenberg movies
Yeah, I'm gonna do it, but with the work on the website it could be a little longer for this is finished

This Trilogy is going well, i made some test to give it the same look as George Romero's Creepshow.
The Opening is from Romero's Creepshow ( Joe King and Tom Atkins) and with some drawings and shit we "flow" into the 3 stories of Cronenberg
I used also the ending of Creepshow in this cut, to make it complete
I always loved the ending with the garbagemen (Tom Savini) and the revenge of the little boy on his father
I use soundtracks of Creepshow and from Howard Shore in this cut
If everything goes well then the release is in two weeks

At the moment i am on the third segment of this trilogy
Parasite (Shivers) is cut to 62 minutes
Virus (Rabid) is cut to 58 minutes

When the Psychoplasmics cut is done i work on the music overdub
By the end of November i put on on the IFDB

This edit is done
Psychoplasmics is around the 62 minutes
I think the Creepshow effect in this trilogy is pretty succeeded
Total running time is 184 minutes

By Monday it is on my blog and by the end of next week i put on the IFDB
With the music of Howard Shore i used tracks of Videodrome, Dead Zone, eXistenZ, and Naked Lunch

Monday i go further with The Box

Edit released. Thread moved.

Back
Top Bottom