• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

45 gb blu ray folder split

Status
Not open for further replies.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have a 45 Gb blu ray folder,  what program can i use to split it onto 2  separate 25 gb blu ray discs

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would think that you will need to split your project file and render 25gb files. Of course that is assuming that this is for a rendered file. Not sure what you are asking.

There are 50gb Blu Ray discs.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i know but i dont have 50 gb discs
pretty clear what i'm asking i think, i have a blu ray folder thats 45 GB, and i need to split it to 2  blu ray discs.
'Im asking for which program or tutorial to help me do this,
im fiinding too much mixed messages online on how to do it

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
pretty clear what i'm asking i think

Not really.

Is this one 45gb movie on a 50gb disc? Or various files that total 45gb? What are we talking about here?

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i said twice its a folder,   like with bdmv  folder and certificate folders inside.
i thought that was preety implied when i used the word "folder"
sorry I was not more clear.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fine whatever. If you don't want to answer any of my 3 questions, it's not a problem.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We understood that both times, but honestly it doesn't make sense as you are not answering TM2YC's question regarding what it is. Your reply didn't help much either and is kind of offsetting towards those who are attempting to help you.

Also, I'd note this
Untitled.png
before upsetting users.

If it is an edit/movie, then you most likely need to reencode separate files, as I suggested above. Or, you could rip it at a lesser bitrate and make it fit on your 25gb disc. Another option is to rip part of the movie at a fixed output (~25gb) and then reauthor the movie file. A fourth option is to simply buy a 50gb disc and burn it. Hope you find what you are looking for.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, once again its a folder wth BDMV and certificate folders with full menus
aand .m2ts files in the folders and need to be re-eoncded using what program please.
its various files inside the folders, but with menu structure.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Preserving menu structure will most likely be a no go unless you create the menus yourself. You can rip the video of the menus, but you'll have to add all of the navigation yourself. 

Depending on whether you need to decrypt or not you could drop your m2ts files into freemake and click the blu ray option. You can then cut the length and set the desired parameters of the video. It's probably not the best, but may get the video split for you.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks DigiMod, i may just  skip the menus and just be content with that.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
thanks DigiMod, i may just  skip the menus and just be content with that.
You may want to go mp4 and then mkv container if that is the course. Freemake adds a fremake screen to the end of your videos. Handbrake could get you the m4v(mp4) and then you could make a mkv blu ray disc.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i also have xmedia record that takes the file and copies  the file to mp4 but retains quality.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
IT'S A FOOOOOOOOOOLDER

I'm now gonna hear this in my head every time I see one of my daughter's homework folders.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not sure why you want to split a BD. Use BD Rebuilder. It will shrink it to a BD25, DVD9, or DVD5 for you.

And no... I'm not going to give you a step-by-step process on how to do it, so don't ask.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Swert, you do realize, that like a DVD folder structure, Blu-ray folders may contain a single movie or many individual titles. That's what Digi and TM2YC were asking. Depending on how many titles are included on the disc (in the folders you so adamantly stated you have), your options may vary.

All of this is raising a number of questions though. What is this Blu-ray, and why do you need to split a 50GB disc across multiple discs? I really hope you aren't asking for help on how to work with pirated material...

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
I'm not sure why you want to split a BD. Use BD Rebuilder. It will shrink it to a BD25, DVD9, or DVD5 for you.

And no... I'm not going to give you a step-by-step process on how to do it, so don't ask.

i want to split it, cause I am making  it for my nephews birthday, and i only have 25 GB blank blu rays.
i wasn't planning on asking you for any steps, I was just asking for which program, I can figure out the rest.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Swert, you do realize, that like a DVD folder structure, Blu-ray folders may contain a single movie or many individual titles. That's what Digi and TM2YC were asking. Depending on how many titles are included on the disc (in the folders you so adamantly stated you have), your options may vary.

All of this is raising a number of questions though. What is this Blu-ray, and why do you need to split a 50GB disc across multiple discs? I really hope you aren't asking for help on how to work with pirated material...

I own the discs,  I am making a copy for my nephew for his birthday, and i only have 25 Gb blank blu rays,
I am sure that this is  questionable, But I do own the original discs.
If that's crossing the line. I am sorry for asking.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

I own the discs,  I am making a copy for my nephew for his birthday, and i only have 25 Gb blank blu rays,
I am sure that this is  questionable, But I do own the original discs.
If that's crossing the line. I am sorry for asking.

yes, this is illegal, and you should know better. US Copyright allows you to make backup copies for yourself, but you can not distribute copies.

Thread locked.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was seriously just asking for what program when i began this thread.
I never wanted to get into the "why" i was doing it.
I understand peoples concerns but since Im not gonna be possting any of what I am doing on this site
and I do own the original copies.
All I needed to know is what program, and I should have been more clear up front, I gotta get better at doing that.
Now I Know what program to use, so thanks everyone,
Probally no need to keep this thread going anymore.
Once again thanks for being patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom