If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Poll: What Was Your Favorite Edit of August 2016?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Thunderbirds: Trapped in the Sky (International Rescue Edition) by wilhelm scream
0%
0 0%
Pulp Fiction: The Chronological Edit by nAsA
4.65%
2 4.65%
J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit a Maple Films edit (eldusto84)
46.51%
20 46.51%
Batman: The Killing Joke (The Book Cut) by MusicEd921
6.98%
3 6.98%
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (Extended Edition) by samspider3
0%
0 0%
Kick-Asterisk by Smithers
0%
0 0%
Man of Tomorrow (A Man of Steel and Batman V Superman FanEdit) by JobWillins
41.86%
18 41.86%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Vote for the August 2016 FEOTM
I never mention the monthly contest, nor the luxurious Chat Room, nor the FE groupies.
From time to time, however, I truncate one of my reviews of a particular fanedit and post it across various forums.
Spread the love, share the word.
Does it lure traffic?  I dunno.
Better would be a photo of a sexbomb celebrity wearing a tight t-shirt reading -

[size=xx-large]I[/size]  Heart [size=medium][size=large][size=xx-large]FanEdit![/size][/size][/size]
Another reminder to people to not vote for their own edits, as it just happened again. Thanks. Vote removed.
(09-29-2016, 12:03 PM)TVs Frink Wrote: It's not a competition to see who can collect the most votes by whatever means available to them, it's for the community of FE to voice their support for their favorite edit.  To that point (and some of the others raised in this thread), we changed the contest from "Fan Edit of the Month" to "Favorite Edit of the Month" to make it more clear that this is not about what is the best edit, but rather what the community enjoyed the most.

"Fan Edit of the Month" does not necessarily mean the best IMO, and a FAN is someone who's in favor of somebody/thing anyway. So, I don't understand why renaming the "award" is needed all of a sudden. Maybe it should be called "Most Fans in the Month" Big Grin
(09-30-2016, 02:51 AM)TM2YC Wrote: Another reminder to people to not vote for their own edits, as it just happened again. Thanks. Vote removed.

WTF, really?

(09-30-2016, 03:11 AM)Evil Dad Wrote:  I don't understand why renamIg the "award" is needed all of a sudden.

This isn't all of a sudden, we did it a while ago after years of the site and contests evolving.
(09-30-2016, 05:53 AM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote: This isn't all of a sudden, we did it a while ago after years of the site and contests evolving.

I'm sorry, but I can't help the feeling that this only happened because of the dissatisfaction by the vote recruitment of certain nominees during this poll. This for me is all of a sudden.  Confused IMHO the renaming results in a degradation of the re-(a)ward. Sad
(09-30-2016, 07:32 AM)Evil Dad Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 05:53 AM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote: This isn't all of a sudden, we did it a while ago after years of the site and contests evolving.

I'm sorry, but I can't help the feeling that this only happened because of the dissatisfaction by the vote recruitment of certain nominees during this poll. This for me is all of a sudden.  Confused IMHO the renaming results in a degradation of the re-(a)ward. Sad

I'm sorry you have feels, but like I said we did this a long time ago. Nobody is renaming the results for this award - It has been Favorite Edit of the Month for years now. This may seem all of a sudden to you because this is the first time we've had such a noticeable (potential) issue with it in quite some time.
(09-30-2016, 07:32 AM)Evil Dad Wrote: re-(a)ward

"Award"
The final "Fanedit of the Month" contest was for April 2013.

https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=7824
(includes discussion of the voting process and bionicbob first suggesting the name change)

The first "Favorite Edit of the Month" contest was for May 2013.
https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=8010

Any discussion of the voting process not specific to this month's contest should go here:
https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=6818
How do I go about watching the [size=small][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Pulp Fiction: The Chronological Edit by nAsA edit?  I can't seem to find a place to view it![/font][/size]
PM the editor.  You should also read the rules.