• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote for the August 2016 FEOTM

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
isn't the dude's moniker JobWillins?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tenkyu, turo inkapa (on behalf of steve jobs and robin williams).

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Poll totals updated because @"eldusto84" voted for himself.  

A quick reminder to all the editors out there: we don't allow editors to vote for themselves in contests, and it's pretty bad form.

eldusto84

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:

A quick reminder to all the editors out there: we don't allow editors to vote for themselves in contests, and it's pretty bad form.

Sorry, I didn't know that! The nearest thing I can compare to is our office baking contests, in which I regularly vote for my own dish (and lose).

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
eldusto84 said:
Sorry, I didn't know that! The nearest thing I can compare to is our office baking contests, in which I regularly vote for my own dish (and lose).

Don't worry, after the public shaming (and private flogging- more on that later) there won't be any long-term consequences. Probably.  :p

Now, about that private flogging...

engrish_mousepad_30099_larger_1385963439.png

There, all done. I admit (and hope) that this is not what you were expecting.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll never think of Frogger the same way again.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
frogger = flogger, if i remember correctly. (and i'm old enough to have been flogged by it when it was a fresh offering in the arcades.)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
eldusto84 said:
our office baking contests, in which I regularly vote for my own dish (and lose).

I find this depressing for some reason.

Evil Dad

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:

Why? In politics the candidates also (mostly) vote for themselves.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Evil Dad said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

Why? In politics the candidates also (mostly) vote for themselves.

In politics the candidates wouldn't be running if they didn't believe they should win, so not voting for themselves would be counterproductive.

We don't make fan edits here to win awards (or at least I know I don't). Even if you think your edit is the "best" we're choosing our "favorite" so yes it is bad form to vote for your own edit. 

Not to mention that only a small number of people vote in these polls so every vote truly does count. And, oh yeah, it's in the rules.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:

After reading this post, this scene instantly came to mind

tumblr_inline_n8r913HRsU1rkg7ly.gif

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
After reading this post, this scene instantly came to mind

tumblr_inline_n8r913HRsU1rkg7ly.gif

That's where my mind goes too. Every time I hear that phrase.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
*Preface: This post is not meant as an attack on anyone.*

I find it extremely hard to justify voting when I only have watched one of the edits . Out of curiosity, how many people actually watch more than one of these before they vote? Seems like a favorite is hard to truly choose when you only try one.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
*Preface: This post is not meant as an attack on anyone.*

how many people actually watch more than one of these before they vote? Seems like a favorite is hard to truly choose when you only try one.

Not many. Realistically nobody is going to have seen them all. So if you liked it, vote for it, if you didn't... don't. I've only seen one and a half of this months edits and I didn't particularly like either of them, so I haven't voted.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Personally, I have not voted in two months precisely because I  have not watched any of the nominees.
A couple are on my drive but I have not gotten around to them.
Ideally, I would like to have seen 2 - 3 candidates.
Just depends on what gets approved in any given month.

Evil Dad

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Other than if people have seen any of them or not, I think, it also depends on download availabilty, website support and movie popularity of the edits. It's not surprising that the two highest scoring are the ones with the best qualifications.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Website support?

Top Bottom