• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

How can I make Star Wars crawls that look like the OT, not the PT?

SparkySywer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to replace the crawls, and one of the aspects I want is for there to be no Episode Number or Subtitle in any of them, like it was back with the Original Star Wars.

Back in June, I did this (not for fanediting, just to get the crawls) by using the Far Far Away title in Final Cut (on another computer, I don't have a mac), then bringing it home, syncing it with the audio, then putting the "Star Wars" logo in and the starfield.

One huge problem, though, is that it looked like the prequels crawls. That's fine and all, just not what I was going for. The first, most obvious thing is that mine were tan, and the OT was a bright yellow, which I can fix, but it looks like the OT might use a different font or something. Its edges are more rounded than the prequels', and it's a lot thinner.

How can I make one that doesn't look like it's from the PT? Is there a different font I should use on Final Cut? Is there another program I can use? (Preferably on Windows, I don't have a mac, Final Cut was on a school computer)

For more information, unfortunately, Adobe After Effects doesn't work on my computer. I don't know why, but it's saying I'm missing Creative Cloud, even after installing it multiple times.

Here's an imgur gallery that has Harmy's ESB crawl, my ESB crawl, and RotS's crawl. Just to show what I mean by it being prequel-y.

Edit: I used this to get what font, colors, etc, to use.

Top Bottom