• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Independence Day: No Family Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Independence Day: No Family Edition:

Ah, the cheesy, '90s time capsule that is Roland Emmerich's Independence Day. I know it's ludicrous, stupid and cliche but I still love this movie for it's upbeat/fun atmosphere that's celebrated throughout. That said, there are instances of pointless scenes and characters, as well as moments that just drag down the movie in 180 degree somber tone. For anyone who agrees with me on this, thecuddlyninja's edit deals with all of those problems, giving us the un interrupted theme park ride we all wanted. Overall, the source file works pretty well aside from occasional artifacting say in the background, though thankfully it never ruins the quality or detail. Visual editing is smooth and seamless as it should, as if it were always that way. Audio editing overall is good, albeit several small cases of abruptness or sfx/music bleeding into the next scene. It's not a deal breaker, because again the goal here is achieved and is a very good example of how a proper ID4 edit should be like.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/independence-day-no-family-edition/discussions/9025/

Top Bottom