• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

TK-436: A Stormtrooper Story

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just found this on Youtube. This is definitely a different take on Star Wars.

[align=center]

While the visuals are a bit off (3d printed uniforms? x-wings with green lasers and.....no s-foils?), the story is gritty and gives a glimpse into the life and psyche of a stormtrooper.

This was pretty hard to watch. Cool idea, but the stormtrooper outfits, really badly composited effects and (typical) poor acting really undercut the interesting take.

Totally agree with you @"ThrowgnCpr" , just thought some would find it interesting :)

This was an interesting take for a SW fanfilm. Not great but not horrible either. Im always on the lookout for SW fanfilms of a certain quality, as I eventually want to undertake a project wherein I mash up a few fanfilms to create one film. This is one of those films that is def on my radar for that purpose. It was a decent watch & a unique perspective in SW fanfilms. Only other film Ive seen from this perspective is The Empire Falls, which was visually impressive I thought, but much shorter.

There's definitely a lot of fanfilm material that can easily be integrated into the SW films. That would make for an interesting expansion!

I don't even want to think on how long those guys had to wait for all of those armors to be printed out lol :p Also the green lasers is a buzzkill indeed. And since when do Stormtroopers bleed when you shoot their armor? There's also a slight robotic distortion in their voices through their helmets, which SW Stormtroopers don't have, they only sound a bit more echo-y/hollow. Also their helmet visor doesn't light up, and... we could keep going. A lot of artistic freedom has been taken here.

The Beru/Owen scene was a great touch though, nice to see another angle of that (while it actually happened).

Another odd thing was the girlfriend. She didn't recognize him when he took off his helmet but, hey, show the pendant and we're all cool? Weird. Or I don't know the details. The video was playing but I was working at the same time and only listened to half of what the guy was saying :p

I was going for canon with this one.

bloody-hand-stormtrooper-shot-by-poe-300x200.jpg

Though the War of the Stars does line up with the novel A New Hope when describing the Tantive IV capture.

"A beam of intense light struck the head [of the stormtrooper], sending pieces of armor, bone, and flesh flying in all directions." pg7

Back
Top Bottom