• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Audio editing help

Dash Solo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello all, I'm new to the forums though I've ghosted them for a while. I have watched various fan edits over the years and tried my hand at it once years ago but now I'm actually committing and attempting to make my own again. For the most part the prep has been simple thanks to the thorough tutorials on the site, but one place I just can't seem to catch a break is the audio. I was able to successfully rip the audio from a Blu Ray into an ac3 file, but when I attempted to use Besweet to split it into 6 wav files (a process I learned in my original attempt years before) it is no longer an option. I've looked and around and found that it's been a known issue, so I tried to move over to eac3to. 

I tried following the tutorials on here but maybe I'm just dumb because every time I attempt to I just can't get things to work out. I tried using command line for it and I'm pretty sure I'm just doing it wrong, I tried using a gui for it but I can't seem to figure out how to get the thing to actually start processing the file. I guess what I'm hoping to see is just what everyone else is currently using for their audio file prep and if most people are using eac3to maybe just a little advice on how to run the silly thing.

Really at this point, any help would be appreciated; I feel like I'm about to rip my hair out trying to figure this out. And just for reference, I plan on loading all of this into Adobe Premiere Pro to do the actual editing.

BeSweet can still extract to mono WAVs, but for some reason the function was removed from recent GUI versions. The older version is linked in my guide here:  https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=4915

eac3to is fairly straightforward:

• Add the AC3 to the paths/sources tab
  • go to the audio tab and select that input file
  • change the output type to wavs
  • type in a filename
  • click the "Run Command Line (Tab Specific)" button

Okay sooo apparently I just had to redownload the gui for eac3to because everytime I tried selecting the input file before the program would just instantly crash. Redownloaded it and now it's working...figures. Anyway thanks for laying it out for me, even though I never made it past the file input stage before I was still confused as to the exact instructions for the steps after that, your answer was straightforward and easy for my brain to understand XD

Captain Khajiit said:
Use the HdBrStreamExtractor GUI for eac3to to demux the BD.  That way, you can demux the audio and split it into WAVs all in one go.

Seems like a potentially handy tool. I'll have to explore this some. Thanks.

ThrowgnCpr said:

You're welcome.  It's the same GUI that features in my decoding guide, so check out the demuxing section.  One should always demux BDs with eac3to.

Captain Khajiit said:
One should always demux BDs with eac3to.

Could you elaborate on this? I've always used tsMuxer and never encountered any issues. I'm curious if there are known issues with tsMuxer or some additional benefits to using eac3to in demuxing.

• Demuxing with eac3to enables the user to find the right playlist easily, which is what one should select for demuxing, rather than an M2TS.
  • Eac3to demuxes the stream without messing up the header-info or time-stamps.
  • It attempts to fix discontinuities and other issues with problematic streams (and usually succeeds).
  • It detects and applies audio delays automatically and therefore avoids the majority of sync issues.
  • It corrects the audio overlaps that occur with seamless-branching titles, which tsMuxeR cannot do.
When it comes to demuxing BDs and HD DVDs, eac3to should always be your first port of call.

Captain Khajiit said:
  • Demuxing with eac3to enables the user to find the right playlist easily, which is what one should select for demuxing, rather than an M2TS.
  • Eac3to demuxes the stream without messing up the header-info or time-stamps.
  • It attempts to fix discontinuities and other issues with problematic streams (and usually succeeds).
  • It detects and applies audio delays automatically and therefore avoids the majority of sync issues.
  • It corrects the audio overlaps that occur with seamless-branching titles, which tsMuxeR cannot do.
When it comes to demuxing BDs ...

giphy.gif

Captain Khajiit said:
... and HD DVDs,

giphy.gif

Captain Khajiit said:
eac3to should always be your first port of call.

Thanks for the info, Cap. Going to try this on my next project.

ThrowgnCpr said:
BeSweet can still extract to mono WAVs, but for some reason the function was removed from recent GUI versions.

Does that include the BeLight GUI?  I've been using that for a long time so I don't know if the recent versions aren't working.

TVs Frink said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
BeSweet can still extract to mono WAVs, but for some reason the function was removed from recent GUI versions.

Does that include the BeLight GUI?  I've been using that for a long time so I don't know if the recent versions aren't working.

not sure. I haven't investigated BeLight for a while. I'll check it out before my next tutorial update (coming 2019).

reave said:
... and HD DVDs,
giphy.gif

The number of titles exclusive to (or in better quality on) HD DVD is now very small, but HD DVDs still come in useful from time to time.  I still have my collection.

Captain Khajiit said:
reave said:
... and HD DVDs,
giphy.gif

The number of titles exclusive to (or in better quality on) HD DVD is now very small, but HD DVDs still come in useful from time to time.  I still have my collection.

I've got no room to talk. I still have VHS and Laserdisc in my collection.

I love my LDs, though some of them have laser rot.   :(   But I no longer have any VHS tapes.  Did you keep any commercial ones, and if so, was there any particular reason?

All of my LD/VHS/CED/8mm collection is stuff that never made it to DVD/BD.

the original trilogy on CED is the only way to watch them.
getting up to flip the disc adds to the charm.

Back
Top Bottom