• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Kenny Baker has Passed Away

Oh, man.  2016 has just been an awful year - so many talented people have passed on.

I've had very little time to log in for the past few months, but when something like this happens, attention must be paid. RIP.

RIP Kenny Baker.
Good bye to the real R2.

People usualy say that  played Wicket the Ewok, but as far as I know Kenny also played him in most scenes other than the one when he meet Leia. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

latest

RIP Kenny Baker.
(goodbye to the real R2)

People usualy say that Warwick Davis played Wicket the Ewok but as far as I know Kenny also played him in most scenes other than when he meet Leia. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I was under the impression that Kenny was supposed to play him but then he got sick and couldn't so Warwick filled in the role. That may have been after Kenny had already filmed some scenes.

TMBTM said:
People usualy say that Warwick Davis played Wicket the Ewok but as far as I know Kenny also played him in most scenes other than when he meet Leia. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

^ That's not Wicket, that's Paploo. I know because Paploo was one my favourite action-figures... for some reason?

Maybe for his Grand Theft Speedo...

TM2YC said:
Maybe for his Grand Theft Speedo...

That's something entirely different.

Yup you're right that's Paploo, my bad.
great scene for Kenny Baker anyway!

ewok_kb1.png

Rest In Peace, Kenny!  You were the droid everyone of us was looking for!  Thank you!

I met him and his wife at a comic con, my first, around 2005-ish in Philadelphia, PA.  I had found a pretty cool R2 and 3PO poster made by Dawn soap in the 80's that someone was selling at the convention.  I bought one and had him sign it and during the signing he had is wife come over and we had a few minute conversation about the poster and how he hadn't seen it before, but loved it and it had a jawa in the background, the one that stuns him in A New Hope and he and his wife proceeded to tell me how that particular jawa was the best man at their wedding.  I went back to the dealer that was selling this poster and he had one left which I bought and went back to give Kenny.  Both he and his wife were grateful and offered me money for it which I declined.  I wanted to be able to give a gift to R2-D2!

RIP Kenny!

musiced921 said:
I met him and his wife at a comic con, my first, around 2005-ish in Philadelphia, PA.  I had found a pretty cool R2 and 3PO poster made by Dawn soap in the 80's that someone was selling at the convention.  I bought one and had him sign it and during the signing he had is wife come over and we had a few minute conversation about the poster and how he hadn't seen it before, but loved it and it had a jawa in the background, the one that stuns him in A New Hope and he and his wife proceeded to tell me how that particular jawa was the best man at their wedding.  I went back to the dealer that was selling this poster and he had one left which I bought and went back to give Kenny.  Both he and his wife were grateful and offered me money for it which I declined.  I wanted to be able to give a gift to R2-D2!

RIP Kenny!

That is one treasure of a memory.  Rest In Peace, Kenny.

Back
Top Bottom