If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

JUNE 2018 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

fixing the colour
working on a fan edit of Batman the Killing joke,  I'm trying to edit around the flashback scenes made them Black & White and like to keep it Black & White but make the hood and cap on Red Hood well Red lol in the scenes as all red, any ideas on how to do it and make it look good? in the 

I'm using a Mac and got Photoshop, After effects(which I am still learning) and few other things.
There are many ways to do the Schindler's List / Sin City effect. What NLE are you using? Final Cut?  There are loads of tutorials on youtube. e.g., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXoK8OSJ9Wc
--------------------------: My Fanedits :--------------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

-------------------------: Consecutions :-------------------------
(07-29-2016, 11:20 AM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote: There are many ways to do the Schindler's List / Sin City effect. What NLE are you using? Final Cut?  There are loads of tutorials on youtube. e.g., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXoK8OSJ9Wc

Yes I am using FCPX which I newest too since FCP8 was lot better lol. thank you for the link.
Sony Vegas has a filter called "Color Corrector (Secondary)" which has a preset to do this thing in one click. For example...

[Image: 28602968676_334dc8a4b0_o.jpg]
^ yep, that's what I used (at least one of several steps) in my Batman Consecution short.
--------------------------: My Fanedits :--------------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

-------------------------: Consecutions :-------------------------
For this task I always prefer Sony Vegas to Photoshop. It is more comfortable for beginners
I have found a lot of interesting software and advice for them so I will try that without risking my job