• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fanedit Impresses Director and Becomes Official Cut

Wow, I knew this day would eventually come but it feels so sudden! I'll probably pick this up simply because it's a fanedit that got officially released.

Smithers said:
I'll probably pick this up simply because it's a fanedit that got officially released.

My thoughts exactly! What better way to show support for our hobby AND the studios at the same time?!

For real? Or did I unwittingly enter the twilight zone on the way home today?

I remember watching this cut a whiles back, it is really good and now we get it in Blu Ray!

Wow!  That's incredible.  This is a momentous occasion.  A vindication of our pursuits - our artform, if I can be so bold.  Congratulations to Mister Gelderblom - I can't imagine higher praise than this.

Who knows it could catch on? Studio adds bonus fanedit cut/disc to regular release, at no extra cost to them = charges consumer double. Win!:D

Well, there is a slight cost. If they're editing from the master negative they still need to pay for that to happen. It doesn't sound like they used the fan editors cut specifically, more that he guided an editor on how he did it.

Q2 said:
Well, there is a slight cost. If they're editing from the master negative they still need to pay for that to happen. It doesn't sound like they used the fan editors cut specifically, more that he guided an editor on how he did it.

^ This. What I took from the article was that the Director loved the fancut, championed for the studios to adopt it, and then the studios used it as a reference for recutting the master negative. So, significant costs still, but way cool.

I was only joking. It's probably a very small cost, next to the boost from sales such bonus content would give. I hope this experiment works well financially for Shout Factory (They rule generally) and we see more releases like this (Hint to PM Dr. Sapirstein Shout Factory ;) )

This is. . . how shall I put it. . . very noss.

Awesome news! Hooray for the editor. I wish it was one of us, but I'm glad it's happening to all.

Also, yes, Shout Factory generally rules. :)

It's available now for pre-order on Amazon - 21 bucks in the States!

That's awesome! It's great to see when a director falls in love with a fanedit of their film. Remember when Tim Pope saw the fanedited version of The Crow: City of Angels and how moved he was? I'm wondering if we'll see a trend of similar occurrences in the future.

I think I am the only one who smells bait.

clock_cat.gif

I highly doubt that this is bait...

This is awesome.

Posted from my portable device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom