• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek Discovery

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
^That just doesn't sound good...

I don't know how I feel..... it seemed obvious from the beginning that Fuller (a current hot Hollywood property) had too many BIG projects on the go (American Gods!!!!) and maybe this is why production on Discovery has been delayed by six months....

....not too familiar with the newly announced show runners, but hopefully Fuller will still retain creative control over the project....

Anyway, here is a better, more detailed article from Variety.....

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/bryan-fuller-showrunner-star-trek-discovery-cbs-1201901398/

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those who enjoy speculation on Fuller departure...

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbPvM6zPnOw[/video]

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh no! The writer of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin is stepping into a creative role. And they mention tension between Fuller and the network which is not good. He seemed so excited about his Star Trek vision so for me, this is deflating news. I don't know much about the new showrunners, though. Hopefully it's great but the loss of Fuller, the production delay plus Akiva Goldsman in a creative role make me nervous.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
At least they don't use money in the 23rd century...so no Federation Credit Card :D

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bat-Credit_Card
Zarius said:
At least they don't use money in the 23rd century...so no Federation Credit Card :D

HAHAHAHA

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Casting news has been slowly trickling in....

Michelle Yeoh was announced a week or so ago as a Starfleet Captain on a ship other than the Discovery.

Anthony Rapp has been cast as the previously announced gay character, a Science Officer.

And cool news, the amazing Doug Jones will be playing a new alien officer character.

Still no news on the main lead or specific plot details.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/29/star-trek-discovery-cast-gay

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
So it was revealed this week that Bryan Fuller no longer has any direct involvement in the production on any level.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bryan-fuller-star-trek-discovery-im-not-involved-952233

Is this a train wreck in the making?  Or is it the best thing for the show?  At least now, whoever is the executive producer/showrunner, will be solely focussed on Discovery and not distracted by other productions.
Huh...I hadn't seen that but personally I take it as a potentially good thing. I'm not a big fan of Fuller and I don't think his style would work particularly well with Star Trek. Unfortunately it probably also means Alex Kurtzman gets more creative control and that might even be worse. haha.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice tease but I want more! LOL.  :p

With no official release date anymore, hopefully, with production now underway, we will get some character promo pics or even a proper teaser trailer in the next month or so.....

I think CBS/Paramount needs to get smarter in their marketing, and offset any concerns from potential watchers about the constant delays and generate some excitement for this show.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked the rugged Samurai armour influence of the old Klingon design, it fitted with their "Warrior" thing nicely. These look like more like impractical ceremonial Giger-ish Dark Elves type armour. Leaked set photos rarely do things justice though, so we'll see.

Top Bottom