• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
crazy idea Hollywood, but how about not recasting the same character every few years.
Batman was done By Adam west and it was at least 1989 before Michael Keaton, then wasnt till 2005 for Batman Begins
then 2016 before Ben Affleck, i dont count the Clooney and Kilmer portrayals.

Then just don't count whoever comes in next and you're in the same position. Problem solved.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TinyBreadMouse said:

Perhaps THR jumped the gun. Expected from shitty amateur sites like BatmanNews, but THR? If Cavill's departure isn't true then that's some serious loss of brownie points for THR.

There are multiple stories at this point.  Unfortunately, it is real.

A studio source apparently said: "Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors."

Yeah, I'd like to meet that person and slap them in the face.  Cavill is sick of waiting around for DC to get their heads out of their butts and give him something to do, it seems.  I'm glad he's leaving and not letting this hold him back.  Don't get me wrong, I've been clamoring for a MOS 2, but if DC doesn't want to listen to the multiple fans who've been asking for a Supes sequel in favor of Harley Quinn movies, well good luck on your sinking ship.

It seems that Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman will be the new trinity if all goes well.   :rolleyes:

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm just going to take a step back and let this play out. No official statement has come from WB, only journalists recounting statements from anonymous sources. The only thing from either party we've gotten is Cavill's agent saying he's still in and that WB will make a statement later.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warner Brothers has released an official statement:

"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."

Source.

And Henry Cavill posted this about five hours ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpPIrmFN9n/

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:
Warner Brothers has released an official statement:

"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."

Source.

And Henry Cavill posted this about five hours ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpPIrmFN9n/

Holy non-statement Batman!

My best bet is a PR disaster. His negotiations aren't going as well as he and Garcia thought (he's becoming an accomplished actor in his own right), and WB probably has strong reasons to drop him. This leaks, Garcia calls up WB, who goes into full damage control "nothing has changed!". Now we've got fan outcry all over social media and all talks about the fall-out is trending on google.

Any other studio would just take this as a sign and keep him on for the time being. But this is WB, so there is still a real chance that they'll cut him and just roll with the punches.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I'd hope Jordan has learned/earned the clout to not sign onto a superhero role without seeing an actual script! :p

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man I love MBJ, especially as a faithful successor to Stallone's Rocky character, but superhero movies have done nothing for him. Chronicle was shite, F4 was slightly better shite, and then BP was again slightly better shite.

I just don't think he can do over the top superhero flicks.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captured by the paparazzi: the heroes of Justice League, overjoyed to be heading back to set for Snyder Cut reshoots...

lej3ec3m3bu1o5cu0c0q.jpg

:p

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
More than this, I always wished we had gotten a late 80's/early 90's Justice League film. That peak 90's era shot compositing and practical effects with costumed heroes would have been the single most aesthetically pleasing/charming film ever.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The new trailer is again in 4:3 which I like:

but on Wikipedia it now says...
The cut was filmed in and will be released in an open matte 1.33:1 aspect ratio

...which is cool (if true).

With a month to go, it doesn't seem they've announced how this is going to be released outside of the USA, where HBOmax isn't available yet.  Maybe they're just crossing their fingers and hoping cinemas will reopen internationally? (not likely by 18th March, in the UK at least)

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
The new trailer is again in 4:3 which I like:

but on Wikipedia it now says...
The cut was filmed in and will be released in an open matte 1.33:1 aspect ratio

...which is cool (if true).

With a month to go, it doesn't seem they've announced how this is going to be released outside of the USA, where HBOmax isn't available yet.  Maybe they're just crossing their fingers and hoping cinemas will reopen internationally? (not likely by 18th March, in the UK at least)

Zack Snyder recently said Warner Bros. has been underestimating an overseas release, and that's the reason we know little information about it releasing in Europe/UK or any country where HBOMax is not available (yet?)

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Captured by the paparazzi: the heroes of Justice League, overjoyed to be heading back to set for Snyder Cut reshoots...

lej3ec3m3bu1o5cu0c0q.jpg

:p

76892bc6140ee5c308a8f6e676f3a078b0ed23baff055f35f7444ca565cb778b_1.jpg

bionicbob said:
Now this is my JUSTICE LEAGUE....

:D

Oh what it could've been!  I'm sure it would've turned out poorly with WB always micromanaging.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Now this is my JUSTICE LEAGUE....

:D

Oh what it could've been!  I'm sure it would've turned out poorly with WB always micromanaging.

Top Bottom