If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Justice League
jswert123456 Wrote:crazy idea Hollywood, but how about not recasting the same character every few years.
Batman was done By Adam west and it was at least 1989 before Michael Keaton, then wasnt till 2005 for Batman Begins
then 2016 before Ben Affleck, i dont count the Clooney and Kilmer portrayals.

Then just don't count whoever comes in next and you're in the same position. Problem solved.
(09-12-2018, 11:01 AM)TinyBreadMouse Wrote: https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/status/...9261808640

Perhaps THR jumped the gun. Expected from shitty amateur sites like BatmanNews, but THR? If Cavill's departure isn't true then that's some serious loss of brownie points for THR.

There are multiple stories at this point.  Unfortunately, it is real.

A studio source apparently said: "Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors."

Yeah, I'd like to meet that person and slap them in the face.  Cavill is sick of waiting around for DC to get their heads out of their butts and give him something to do, it seems.  I'm glad he's leaving and not letting this hold him back.  Don't get me wrong, I've been clamoring for a MOS 2, but if DC doesn't want to listen to the multiple fans who've been asking for a Supes sequel in favor of Harley Quinn movies, well good luck on your sinking ship.

It seems that Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman will be the new trinity if all goes well.   Rolleyes
I'm just going to take a step back and let this play out. No official statement has come from WB, only journalists recounting statements from anonymous sources. The only thing from either party we've gotten is Cavill's agent saying he's still in and that WB will make a statement later.
---
"The best canon is your bookshelf, what you think is good enough to own." - Unknown Internet Stranger
Warner Brothers has released an official statement:

"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."

Source.

And Henry Cavill posted this about five hours ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpPIrmFN9n/
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
(09-12-2018, 11:34 PM)hbenthow Wrote: Warner Brothers has released an official statement:

"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."

Source.

And Henry Cavill posted this about five hours ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpPIrmFN9n/

Holy non-statement Batman!

My best bet is a PR disaster. His negotiations aren't going as well as he and Garcia thought (he's becoming an accomplished actor in his own right), and WB probably has strong reasons to drop him. This leaks, Garcia calls up WB, who goes into full damage control "nothing has changed!". Now we've got fan outcry all over social media and all talks about the fall-out is trending on google.

Any other studio would just take this as a sign and keep him on for the time being. But this is WB, so there is still a real chance that they'll cut him and just roll with the punches.
---
"The best canon is your bookshelf, what you think is good enough to own." - Unknown Internet Stranger
Apparently Michael B. Jordan is being considered to play Superman:

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/09/12/s...nry-cavill
^ I'd hope Jordan has learned/earned the clout to not sign onto a superhero role without seeing an actual script! :p
Man I love MBJ, especially as a faithful successor to Stallone's Rocky character, but superhero movies have done nothing for him. Chronicle was shite, F4 was slightly better shite, and then BP was again slightly better shite.

I just don't think he can do over the top superhero flicks.
---